Whether you are new to Agile principles and have an idea of what Scrum is, or have already spent time involved with teams talking about or implementing Scrum, ensuring success with Scrum can be a daunting prospect. You have understood that the benefits of ‘going agile’ include improving quality, productivity and time to market, but how does this happen in practice? And how can you ensure that you can deliver these process improvements? If you have not undertaken Scrum Training with a formally Certified Scrum Trainer then you may be missing key knowledge and skills that will enable you to make the most of the opportunities afforded by effective implementation of Scrum principles and practices.
This two-day, interactive course investigates the Scrum framework in detail from theory and foundations to practical application and pitfalls, covering all the team roles, activities, and artifacts, so that you can be an effective ScrumMaster or member of a Scrum team.
The two-day Certified ScrumMaster course will give you a sound understanding of Scrum principles and practices in order that you can:
- Participate actively as a Scrum Team member
- Function effectively as the ScrumMaster for the Scrum Team
- Deliver a successful Scrum project
- Explain and sell Agile and the Scrum framework to other key stakeholders
- Define and use the full range of Agile and Scrum Artifacts (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Increment, Burndown Charts etc. )
- Set-up and facilitate Scrum Meetings (Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective)
- Understand how to employ scrum in real world circumstances such as distributed Scrum teams, fixed price contracts and third party supplier relationships
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working using Scrum
- Understand how to combine the use of Scrum with other Lean and Agile approaches such as Kanban, eXtreme Programming and AgilePM
- 2 days of high quality instruction from a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer and Agile expert with over 20 years’ training and consulting experience. Your trainer will either be David Hicks or Sallyann Freudenberg.
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including buffet lunch
- Course materials handbook
- Access to electronic copies of course materials and other reference documentation
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster after passing the Certified ScrumMaster Exam
- Two years’ membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
- For PMI PMPs, this course provides 14 Category B PDUs
- This course also provides 14 Category A Scrum Alliance Education Units (SEUs) towards Certified Scrum Professional (CSP). To learn more about the CSP certification, please see here.
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- General Knowledge
- Agile Manifesto
- Empirical and Defined Processes
- Scrum Process and Sprints
- The Significance of "Done"
- The Five Scrum Values
- Applicability of Scrum
- Scrum Roles
- Overview of Scrum Roles
- Product Owner
- The Team
- Team Characteristics
- Impact on Traditional Roles
- Scrum Meetings
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Sprint Review Meeting
- Sprint Retrospective Meeting
- Release Planning Meeting
- Scrum Artifacts
- Product Backlog
- Product Increment and the Definition of Done
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown Chart
- Scaling Scrum (NB not examined)
- Working with Multiple Scrum Teams
- Working with Distributed Scrum Teams
In addition, given the instructor's substantial experience and knowledge about the full range of Agile methods available, you will also benefit from the opportunity to gain a high level understanding of alternative and complementary Agile methods including Kanban, Lean, XP, DSDM and Agile Project Management and how they fit with Scrum.
- Anyone who wants to be successful using Scrum
- Anyone who is involved in a Scrum Project across the full range of Scrum roles
- Those newly setting out on their Agile journey
- Those who are already using Agile or Scrum but now want to consolidate their knowledge or address questions that have arisen based on their experience
- Those with the following roles within their organisation:
- Agile Coaches
- Team Leaders
- Development Team Members (Analysts, Architects, Designers, Coders, Testers, etc)
- Project Managers
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Process Owners and Managers
- Functional / Departmental Managers
There are no prerequisites for the course, however students are expected to complete the pre-course reading required.
To become a CSM, you will now need to successfully complete the 2 days Certified ScrumMaster training course, and then score a minimum of 24 correct out of 35 questions in an online, multiple-choice exam.
Following attendance on the 2-day CSM course, you will be registered for the exam with the Scrum Alliance. You will then receive an invitation to take the exam from the Scrum Alliance. As part of the exam, you will be able to bookmark questions, change your answers and pause the exam to return to it later. You must complete the exam within 60 days of completing your CSM course.
If you pass the exam you will receive a list of all missed questions and a list of possible answers with the correct answer highlighted. This will help you to understand where you went wrong and provide additional, post course instruction.
If you do not pass the exam on the first attempt will also receive a list of missed questions and possible answers, however the correct answer will not be highlighted. You may retake the exam at any time during the 60 days following your course at no charge. If you fail the exam a second time, however, you will be required to pay a $25 exam fee to the Scrum Alliance before resitting the exam again. The Scrum Alliance recommends that anyone who fails three times, re-take the CSM course before attempting the exam a fourth time.
|Start Date||Cost||Early Bird||Click To Book|
15 Jan 2015
22 Jan 2015
Until 24 Dec 2014
26 Jan 2015
Until 26 Dec 2014
29 Jan 2015
Until 31 Dec 2014
|London - weekend
31 Jan 2015
Until 02 Jan 2015
05 Feb 2015
Until 07 Jan 2015
19 Feb 2015
Until 09 Jan 2015
|London - weekend
28 Feb 2015
Until 30 Jan 2015
05 Mar 2015
Until 04 Feb 2015