Working as an associate with agil8, Julia Godwin has specialised in Agile, and before that with RAD (Rapid Application Development) since the early 90s. She has been involved with the Dynamic Systems Development Method Consortium (one of the signatories to the Agile Manifesto) since its inception in 1994 and remains to date at the centre of the DSDM. She is an experienced and certified DSDM Practitioner, Trainer and Examiner as well as a Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Scrum Product Owner. Jules has a background working with IT and Business Systems Development, as well as Project Management.
Jules combines her interest in the human side of Systems Development with those skills and uses her NLP Master Practitioner and Myers-Briggs Assessor skills whenever she facilitates workshops, including:
- strategic workshops for Board level teams & senior level workshops during mergers
- strategic technology positioning workshops
- examiner & assessor assessment and development centres
- definition of knowledge sharing processes
- environmental awareness workshops for the corporate world
- transformation workshops for Caring for Care Homes
- nature group workshops for 7-13 year-olds
- Jules was a member of the small teams which defined and established the DSDM Accreditation Scheme, the International
- Association of Facilitators Accreditation Scheme and was Chair of the European Facilitators’ User Group (EFUG) 1999 & 2000.
Over 25 years in IT development, training and consultancy for major blue chip corporates in a variety of sectors including finance, IT, retail and travel has seen her design, develop and deliver programmes such as graduate intakes, accreditation scheme definition workshops and worldwide change management workshops for experienced project managers.
She has successfully developed, managed and presented at conferences of over 300 delegates and successfully facilitated workshops for up to 300 participants and many workshops for around 60-70 people.
Travelling is part of her work life and her social time, and she always tries to learn how to say “Thank You” in every language she encounters (some have defeated her!).
Julia is an accredited trainer of the APMG AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner certifications and also trains the very well-received Agile Workshop Facilitation courses for agil8. She is, additionally, Prince2 qualified.