Shaun is an experienced trainer, coach and consultant, passionate about applying modern techniques to help teams and organisations work better. His experience with agile began at the turn of the century when, as a developer, his relentless search for better ways of doing things led him to the eXtreme Programming (XP) community.
Since then, he has worked with many companies and teams both large and small helping them make better products. His experience has been gained in a number of roles, including head of engineering departments, programme and delivery management as well as training and coaching.
Areas of Proficiency:
- Scaling Agile and Lean Product Development
- Programme and Portfolio Management
- Digital Development and Cloud Strategy
- Applied Systems and Complexity Thinking
- Scrum, LeSS, SAFe, DaD, Kanban, XP
- Team Building and Facilitation
Relevant Training and Certifications:
- Certified Scrum Professional / Certified ScrumMaster / Certified Scrum Product Owner
- SAFe Programme Consultant (SPC)
- Certified LeSS Practitioner
- Disciplined Agile Delivery Green Belt
- 2nd Generation Lean Product Development
- Change Artistry for Agile Coaches
- Problem Solving Leadership
Shaun provides a wide range of training and agile coaching for agil8, in particular Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) training, including SAFe Agilist: Leading SAFe, SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager and SAFe Lean Portfolio Management. He is one of our experienced “Scrum for Teams” (uncertified ScrumMaster) trainers and is confident and experienced working at all levels of an organisation, from team level to senior management.
Shaun received “Most Valuable Agile Player” at the 2012 Agile Awards.
“Shaun is an excellent trainer, knowledgable and clearly able to convey concepts to others at different levels of understanding and experience. A credit to Agil8”
ScrumMaster Training with Shaun Smith
“A really useful 2 days which helped me answer daily challenges and next steps on how to scale. I now feel like I could go back and implement a framework to help our delivery and stakeholders.”
Vicky Etcell – SAFe Agilist course with Shaun Smith
To connect with Shaun on social media, simply click on the Twitter and LinkedIn buttons below.