Certified SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (In House Only)
What is This Course?
This 2 day course prepares current ScrumMasters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program and enterprise success in a SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework™ implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of the program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a Certified SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster (ASM).
What Will You Learn?
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps and Agile architect
What Topics Will Be Covered?
- SAFe framework, values and Lean/Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
What Will You Receive?
- 2 days of high quality instruction from a Scaled Agile accredited SPC and SAFe trainer.
- All course materials, which include a copy of the slide deck, exercises and case study
- All applicable Scaled Agile "Certified SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster" exam fees
- Scaled Agile "SAFe Advanced Scrum Master" certification and 1 year's membership (upon successful completion of the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master exam)
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
- For PMI Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course provides 16 Category B Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- For Scrum Alliance members, this course provides 16 Category C SEUs towards Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP)
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments throughout the course, including drinks and lunch
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
- Existing ScrumMasters
- Team leaders, project managers and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
Are There Any Prerequisites For This Course?
Attendees of the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (ASM) course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM) and alternatively SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe ScrumMaster Orientation.
How Should You Prepare For This Course?
Background reading of the material at the SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework™ prior to the course is desirable but not essential.
What about Certification?
Attending the course prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster (ASM). Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe ASM certificate
- A 1-year certified membership as a SAFe ASM
- A SAFe ASM branding kit with the ASM certification mark