Certified LeSS (Large Scale Scrum) Practitioner (CLP)
What is This Course?
Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling Agile development to multiple teams. LeSS builds on top of Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is an in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework and rules and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and improving LeSS to your product development group. The course contains an overview of LeSS, stories on LeSS adoptions, exercises and extensive LeSS Q&A to ensure we discuss the topics most of interest to the participants.
What Will You Learn?
The Certified LeSS (Large Scale Scrum) Practitioner course will teach you how to scale Scrum following its clear set of principles and rules. You will learn how to scale Agile development for large products from 2 to 200 teams using the LeSS frameworks.
In-depth, adoption, new organisational design, systems thinking & optimisation, the role of management, and very concretely how to work together in a Sprint at scale in terms of coordination, architecture and planning, and much more, will be explored.
In addition to course material, each participant will get access to the new upcoming book - Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS.
What Topics Will Be Covered?
In this highly interactive course, participants will get a thorough introduction to LeSS (Large Scale Scrum), a deep understanding of the underlying principles and the concrete practices to help implement LeSS in their own organisation.
- The History and Overview of LeSS
- LeSS Principles
- Organising by Customer Value
- Adoption in your Organisation
- What is Your Product?
- The Product Owner Role in LeSS
- Defining Done
- Product Backlog
- The role of Management
- The ScrumMaster Role in LeSS
- LeSS Sprint
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Review & Retrospective
- Coordination & Integration
- Technical Excellence
- Working with multiple sites
There will also be multiple opportunities for participant-driven Q&A sessions to explore LeSS in your context.
What Will You Receive?
- 3 days of high quality instruction from Karim Harbott, a Certified LeSS (Large Scale Scrum) trainer, Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Coach and Agile expert with over 12 years’ Agile experience
- Printed workbook and course materials as well as access to electronic copies and other reference documentation
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments throughout the course, including drinks and lunch
- Certification as a Certified LeSS Practitioner
- An account on the less.works website, with 2 years membership worth $75, which contains additional information about LeSS, course information and options to stay in contact with the other course participants
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
- 24 Category B Scrum Education Units (SEUs) can be claimed for this course and used as part of your Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) application. See the CSP application process on the Scrum Alliance website for more details
- In addition, all participants get access to the new upcoming book - Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
The Certified LeSS (Large Scale Scrum) Practitioner course is for anyone who is involved in large Agile adoption – who already has basic Scrum knowledge.
It is most suitable for
- Leaders / Executives
- Project Managers
- Development Managers
- Business Analysts
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
And anyone who wishes to deepen their knowledge of practice great Scrum with multiple teams.
Are There Any Prerequisites For This Course?
Basic Scrum knowledge is expected prior to attendance on this course. This may be achieved by attending a Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Product Owner or by thoroughly reading Scrum introductory material such as the Scrum Guide.
Attendees must have Agile project experience, based on participation in at least one Agile project.
How Should You Prepare For This Course?
There is no formal pre-reading required prior to this course, however the following materials may be helpful to review prior to attending the course:
- Introduction to LeSS - short video - Craig Larman (Feb 2015)
- Introduction to LeSS - first 2 chapters from upcoming book: Large Scale Scrum - More with LeSS
More resources, should you be interested, may be browsed via the LeSS site:
Want to learn more about how companies have implemented LeSS? Please visit the LeSS Case Studies page.
What about Certification?
All participants will be a Certified LeSS Practitioner and will receive an account on the less.works website. Here you can find additional information about LeSS, share course information and stay in contact with the other course participants.There is currently no examination.
The LeSS Practitioner Certification will expire after 2 years and will require a renewal fee.