What is This Course?
In many organisations, the management can be wrongly seen as the biggest obstacle to successful delivery management and agile skills development. A revolution in leadership is needed.
Management 3.0 is a movement of innovation, leadership and management. Management 3.0 is redefining the definition of leadership with management as a group responsibility. It’s about working together to find the most efficient way for a business to achieve its goals while maintaining the happiness of workers as a priority.
Management 3.0 is the future of management, it is all about doing the right thing for your team, involving everyone in improving the system and fostering employee engagement. Management 3.0 has you working with other agile managers and workers to change the system, your teammates, your interactions and your environment.
Management 3.0 workshops will help you to give meaning to your work, every day. Are you ready to make a difference while having a great time?
You should take this workshop if you want to:
- Energise people and empower teams
- Create vision and purpose for day-to-day actions
- Find the most efficient way to achieve organisational goals
- Embrace change and encourage others
- Become a better leader
What Will You Learn?
The Management 3.0 two-day workshops are great fun, but what’s more important: They get results!They teach you how to work with hands-on management tools and techniques that you can start using right away. During the workshops, we run experiments that will challenge the way you think and that will lead to a better understanding of why people do what they do.
You will learn how to embrace change and how to encourage others to embrace it as well.
Most importantly: You will learn how work does not have to feel like work, but more like enjoying the good life.
You don’t want theories and soft management science, you want hands-on approaches that can become solutions for increasing employee engagement and improving results. You want to build a future.
Management 3.0 helps you answer questions like:
- How can I make the rest of my organization more agile?
- How can I motivate my employees to develop themselves?
- How can I persuade customers to accept scrum?
What Topics Will Be Covered?
- Agile Management is the generic term for leadership and governance of creative teams in a way that is consistent with lean agile thinking. You will become acquainted with the common methods and challenges of agile management in transformations around the world, and the necessity of good management in an agile organisation.
- Complexity Thinking lays the foundation for the following Management 3.0 themes. It explains why traditional linear thinking is not appropriate in today’s world and why it should be replaced by thinking in complex adaptive systems.
- Energise People explores the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, the ten intrinsic desires and common techniques to explore what is important to people in your teams.
- Empower Teams illustrates stories on self-organization and how managers can create the conditions for successful, self-organized teams. You will learn how to create empowerment and autonomy, distribute effective authorisation and decision-making in the organization and grow relationships based on trust. Concrete practices discussed include delegation poker and delegation boards.
- Align Constraints revolves around setting goals and a sense of purpose that channels self-organisation in the desired direction. You will learn when to manage and when to lead, the criteria to set inspiring goals, and the challenges of management by objectives.
- Develop Competence explains how and when to apply the seven approaches of competence development in order to grow high performing teams. Measuring competence in complex adaptive environments as well as recruitment best practices are discussed.
- Grow Structure illustrates how organizational structures can be catalysts or barriers to growth. This session helps the manager to develop the best organizational structure to facilitate communication and to find the best mix of teams between specialisation and generalisation.
- Improve Everything - Success and Failure Team members, teams, and organisations need to improve every day; they need to learn as fast as possible to defer failure. You will learn about success and failure - do you celebrate failure or do you celebrate success? You will learn about why conducting experiments is important and finally in which organisational structure it is best suitable for conducting experiments.
What Will You Receive?
- 2 days of high quality instruction from a Management 3.0 Trainer and Agile expert with over 20 years’ of training and consulting experience.
- Course materials to take away
- Access to electronic copies of course materials and other reference documentation
- Recognition by the Happy Melly the company behind Management 3.0
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
- Every attendee who completes the course obtains the Management 3.0 Certificate of Attendance in PDF format
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
Anyone who wants to be a better leader! We believe that management is not only the managers’ responsibility. It is everyone’s job!
If you’re a team leader, development manager, delivery manager, middle manager, CEO, human resources manager, project manager, product owner, agile developer, scrum master, or want to be a great people leader regardless of title, this workshop is for you!
Workshops are adapted to sector and attendees’ needs.
Topics covered often include:
- employee engagement
- project management
- intrinsic motivation
- organizational structures
- complexity thinking
- agile methodology
- self organization
- goal setting
- competence development
- team decision making
- change management
- performance management vs. performance appraisal
Are There Any Prerequisites For This Course?
There are no prerequisites for the course.
How Should You Prepare For This Course?
Background reading prior to the course would be useful but not essential. A small and useful reading list is provided to delegates upon registration.
A reminder and additional recommendations will also be provided.
What about Certification?
In order to obtain the Management 3.0 Certificate of Attendance, you will need to successfully complete the 2 day course, following which your name will be registered and you will be issued with your PDF certificate.
Unlike other courses, this is not examined and you will automatically be granted certification status once you complete the two days.
The certificate will usually be issued within 7 days of completion.