The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is an increasingly popular approach that is utilised by organisations to scale their Agile practices beyond the single team, up to enterprise level (ie teams-of-teams).
In this blog, Andrea Darabos, SAFe Programme Consultant (SPC) talks about the benefits of agil8’s new SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course, including what makes it a unique offering and who should attend.
The benefits of SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager
This role-specific SAFe course deep-dives into portfolio and product management related roles and competencies in a large Agile enterprise.
Unlike other Agile courses which focus on agility and product ownership in a single team, or a few teams, context – this course specifically assists delegates with lean data-driven, Agile portfolio and product management and technical product management (enablers) at scale.
Attending the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course, will equip individuals with the ability to:
- Identify requirements and customer needs at a large portfolio, program and multi-team level using a hypothesis testing driven approach
- Prioritise “projects” (i.e. large pieces of work) and create alignment with a multitude of stakeholders
- Work with technical enablers and large architectural change programmes as part of your delivery
- Understand the options for structuring the roles and responsibilities for the Portfolio Management and Product Management Team when you have a large number of global users markets or a set of complex products in a portfolio
- Use a muti-tier Kanban system to effectively balance demand with delivery, and create predictability on an enterprise scale
Who is this course aimed at?
Delivered over 2-days, this interactive course is ideal for Product Owners, Product Managers and Technical Solution and System Architects, who are currently, or aiming to, work in an Agile way within a large-scale environment (eg. develop a product or a portfolio of products with 100+ people and global stakeholders).
In addition to the above roles, people who will benefit most from this course also work in roles such as:
- Portfolio Managers
- Program Managers
- Enterprise Architects, System and Solution Architects
- Business Analysts
- Solution Managers
- PMO roles
- Process and Service Leads
Join us on 13-14 September in London
If you’d like to learn all about the Product Owner and Product Manager roles within a large-scale enterprise, then join myself and co-trainer Shaun Smith on the 13-14 September in London (Monument).