What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home or any other remote location.
Course timings are 0930-1630 (UK time) over each of the three days.
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) is part of the Scrum Alliance’s Agile Coaching Pathway; this step in the journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflection.
This programme is aimed at practising ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches and will help you develop skills such as facilitation and coaching, and to build your knowledge in order to better serve Development Teams, Product Owners and the wider organisation. This programme’s focus is on growing you as team coaches and change agents.
The workshop builds on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the knowledge required to be an effective ScrumMaster. However real learning happens through application and reflection, so after the workshop, in order to achieve the A-CSM™, there is an applied practice and written reflection element. Through the written reflections you will demonstrate that you meet the learning objectives for the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™.
On completion of the reflection, you will become an A-CSM™, which will make you eligible to work towards the Certified Scrum Professional®.
Each delegate will receive one complimentary 1-to-1 coaching session; further coaching support may also help enhance the learning experience.
What will you learn?
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ programme will help you take the next step in your growth as a ScrumMaster and Agile Coach. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Describe a wide range of Agile and Lean concepts and understand their context
- Share understanding and examples of Empirical Process Control
- Explore facilitation models
- Share facilitation skills
- Plan for collaborative meetings
- Be able to demonstrate a coaching stance
- Apply coaching techniques with team, Product Owners and stakeholders
- Apply techniques to foster self-organisation
- Understand team development models
- Apply techniques for improving team performance
- Facilitate the creation of a definition of Done
- Describe a number engineering practices and how they affect a teams ability to deliver a potentially shippable product increment
- Be able to facilitate the creation of a Vision and Product Backlog
- Explain Scrum to the Business
- Identify, analyse and resolve impediments
- Compare and contrast different scaling options
- Create self-awareness of yourself as a ScrumMaster
- Improve your ability to deal with conflict
- Understand Servant Leadership
What topics will be covered?
- Agile and Lean Values, Principles, and Worldview
- Empirical Process Control
- Basic Facilitation
- Coaching Fundamentals
- Self Organisation
- Team Dynamics
- Definition of Done
- Value of Engineering Practices
- Going from Vision to Ready
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Resolving Impediments
- Scaling Scrum
- Organisational Change
- Developing Yourself
What will you receive?
- High-quality instruction from our Certified Scrum Trainers and Certified Agile Coaches
- 14 hours for an in-person/classroom-based workshop
- 18 hours when attending a Live Online workshop
- 1 coaching session to reflect on your practice
- For in-person/classroom-based courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including lunch
- Course materials and access to other resources
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master certification on successful completion of the programme
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches with at least a year’s experience in the role. You must have Agile experience as the course will build on your experiences in order to deepen your understanding of Agile and yourself.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- You will already be a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®)
- At least 1 year’s experience working as a ScrumMaster or Agile Coach
How should you prepare for this course?
Attendees should re-familiarise themselves with the Scrum Guide.
In addition, there will be 30-60 minutes of reflection time required before the course, as well as some pre-reading of no more than 60 minutes.
What about certification?
In order to be eligible for the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™), you must already hold an active Certified ScrumMaster™ (CSM™) qualification with the Scrum Alliance and attend all five modules of the course. Your trainer will explain all necessary details about the certification during the course.
With your Certified ScrumMaster™ (CSM™), you must successfully achieve, and be validated by a Path to CSP Educator, all the A-CSM™ learning objectives defined. Students must successfully complete all Educator-designed components of an approved educational offering, including post-course learning reflection, in addition to demonstrating at least one-year’s work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster.