What is this course?
This Certified Agile Leadership (CAL1) Workshop is an interactive leadership-focused workshop building skills and competencies to effectively guide and grow agile leaders, coaches and their organisations to perform more effectively in this fast-pace, complex and uncertain environment. Leaders substantially influence an organisation’s agility and effectiveness.
Today’s workplace is a fast-paced “race” on a complex and uncertain global field. Traditional leadership thinking and practices are failing to meet today’s challenges. Leader’s must more effectively engage employees, foster creativity, speed delivery and mitigate risk to outpace the competition. Innovation is the only competitive barrier remaining.
Upcoming Course Dates
|Location||Start date||Price exVAT||Trainer||Status|
|London - Hatton Garden||24 Sep - 2 days||£1395||Karim Harbott|
|London - Hatton Garden||06 Dec - 2 days||£1395||Karim Harbott|
What will you learn?
This workshop focuses on the leader’s own awareness and capacity to effectively guide and grow their organisation’s capacity. It is the first step – the AHA! – in the leader’s journey toward improved performance and outcomes.
In this intensive, interactive two-day executive education workshop, you will learn how to get beyond the rigidities of traditional management and acquire the breakthrough capabilities involved in making the entire organisation agile. You will learn how to implement the elements of Radical Management as an integrated whole so as to get extraordinary results for your organisation, your customers and your workforce.
Each new concept, based on the five shifts of Radical Management, is backed up by concrete practice using tools that can be applied directly in the workplace.
Agile Leadership Compass
Participants walk through a comprehensive view of Agile Leadership – first from the leader’s personal perspective in how agility impacts their thinking and behaviour, then from an organisational perspective in how they can effectively align, guide and scale their organisation’s agility.
The Agile Leadership Compass provides guidance for participants to explore the leadership dimensions during the workshop and as an aid in their practice following the workshop.
What our delegates say
“This wasn’t training, it was an experience. We were never taught at; we were engaged in a learning experience in which we both participated and contributed. I have never been so engaged for two days.”
Certified Agile Leadership (CAL1) course with Karim Harbott
Meet your trainer
Read Karim’s Bio
What topics will be covered?
Agile Context Learning
- Economic and market factors that have led to the rise of Agile approaches.
- Complexity and uncertainty of work and how that drives the need for an agile approach.
- Historical management trends and their fit with the business environments of their time.
- Increasing employee engagement and their focus on customers to improve satisfaction and outcomes.
Agile Leadership Learning
- Leadership maturity & mindset shifts required to effectively lead in an agile context.
- Neuroscience Leadership development framework aligned with Agile thinking and driving effectiveness.
- Seeking and Incorporating feedback that improves your ability to inspect and adapt your own behavior.
- Catalyst Coaching approach which integrates alternative perspectives, engages others, and improves outcomes.
Agile Organisation Learning
- Organisational challenges faced when undertaking Agile more broadly.
- Increasing safety, trust and collaboration between and across teams.
- Organisational cultures, structures and governance and how they relate impede or enhance agility.
- Case studies of organisations that effectively use Agile to run their business.
Agile Change Management Learning
- Organisations as complex adaptive systems where change is always present and dynamic leadership is required
- Organisational metrics which align to agile thinking, or impede it, and how they impact behaviors and results.
- Change management approaches aligned with ongoing change and organizational agility.
- Identify and reduce bottlenecks, impediments, and overall friction in an organization.
What will you receive?
Little learning comes from watching slides flash by on a screen. This workshop engages participants deeply in the content and context of the learning. Participants engage across multiple learning modes including instructor led, participant led, shared discussions, simulations, exercises, and self-reflective activities.
You will receive:
- 2 days of high quality instruction from Karim Harbott (CEC®, CST®, Certified LeSS Trainer, PCC®, SPC®)
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including breakfast, lunch and drinks
- Course materials handbook
- Access to electronic copies of course materials and other reference documentation
- Scrum Alliance CAL1 Certification upon successful completion of the Learning Objectives
- 16 Category B Scrum Education Units (SEUs) can be claimed for this course and used for renewing your CSP-SM™, CSP-PO™, CSP®, CTC, CEC, and/or CST®. Read here how to renew your CSP.
- For PMI Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course provides 16 Category B Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Who is this course suitable for?
This workshop is designed for organisational leaders who are responsible for people designing, developing and delivering products and services for their customers. Regardless of your focus – product strategy, business development, research, marketing, design, development, quality, project management, technical operations or deployment – this workshop builds effectiveness in guiding teams towards delighting customers in a fast-pace, complex and uncertain environment.
Organisational leaders of all levels are encouraged to attend, including senior executives, vice presidents, directors, functional managers, and process and program-level leaders.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
We provide everything needed on the day so you do not need to pre-read or bring anything with you on the day.
How should you prepare for this course?
No prior preparation is required for the workshop. All we ask is that you come with an open mind and willingness to share with others.
A short survey will be sent to you upon registration that requests a little knowledge about your own Agile experience and background. This will help the instructors understand your background and expectations for the workshop.