What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home, or any other remote location.
The ICP-ACC is one of two knowledge-based certifications on the Agile Coaching track. The certification focuses primarily on the mindset, roles, and responsibilities of an Agile Coach. After finishing the certification, the learner will be able to differentiate between and among mentoring, facilitating, professional coaching and teaching, and will also gain the skills needed to create a safe environment for meaningful collaboration and healthy conflict resolution within an agile team.
This certification introduces participants to foundational team coaching skills and team development concepts for starting and growing teams while focusing on teams and organizations as human systems. A key part of this certification focuses on developing an understanding of the professional coaching skillset and the value of honing these skills to serve individuals on an agile team.
No dates available
What will you learn?
The ICAgile Professional Agile Coaching Certification (ACC) course provides a deep dive into the world of agile coaching focusing on 4 key areas of the role:
- Professional Coaching – Learn the basics of Professional Coaching from ICF Certified Coaches. Competencies you will start to build include: Active Listening, Powerful Questions, Emotional Intelligence, Presence and Clean Feedback.
- Mentoring – When someone you are working with runs out of ideas what do we do? Learn the core skills of a good mentor and how to support people through the difficult transition to a new way of working and avoid falling into consulting.
- Serving the team – We will look at the basics of team coaching from ORSC trained trainers before moving on to looking at the importance of a solid team launch, coaching plan, impediment removal and conflict.
- Facilitate Learning – Using Training from the BACK of the Room! techniques we will explore adult learning techniques culminating in creating a new learning experience you will be able to use.
What topics will be covered?
Before you can be an effective Agile Coach you must first know yourself. We provide pre and post work that focuses on this very thing. Using the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel to direct you as you grow throughout the course and the rest of your career.
In addition to the Wheel we shall cover the difference between mindsets of Professional Coaching, Consulting, Facilitating, Training, Mentoring as an Agile Coach and how to set boundaries as such.
To view an enlarged image of the wheel – simply click here.
What will you receive?
After the Pre, Post Zoom calls have been conducted, your Growth Wheels developed (we shall show you how) and the 2 day course completed in full we shall issue you with the ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching ICP-ACC full certification which includes registration on the ICAgile website.
The trainers are ICF certified coaches, ORSC trained as well as Trainers for Training from the BACK of the Room! This includes them being Scrum Alliance Certified Coaches which means they have been assessed by their peers as experts in Agile Coaching and can also provide mentoring for aspiring CTCs. This course is also eligible for 20 SEU’s within Category B.
Attendees will also benefit from:
- A light tasty breakfast of Bacon and/or Egg Sandwiches
- 1-course restaurant lunch cooked to order by the onsite chefs
- Endless freshly brewed coffee and a range of speciality teas.
- Chilled filtered water to keep you hydrated
- Free unlimited wifi
Who is this course suitable for?
Agile Coaches or aspiring coaches with a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice facilitation, professional coaching, mentoring, and teaching in service of Agile teams.
Other relevant roles include ScrumMasters, Iteration Managers and Agile Project Managers.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Delegates must attend the 4 hours pre-course Zoom calls, where we shall walk you through the work associated with the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel.
How should you prepare for this course?
To prepare for this training delegates must attend the 4 hours pre-course Zoom calls, where we shall walk you through the work associated with the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel.
What about certification?
Please note, you will only receive the ICAgile Professional Agile Coaching Certification (ACC) when both the pre (4hrs), 2-day course and post work (4hrs) has been completed. There is no exam associated with this course.