What is this course?
The ICAgile Certified Professional – Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF) course provides a deep dive into the world of Agile facilitation. The course is a 2-day intensive face-to-face learning experience with pre-work using the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel to guide your journey. The course focuses on equipping you with new tools, techniques and skills to help you take your facilitation skills to the next level with an emphasis on learning through doing and receiving feedback rather than theory.
We follow the principles of the Scrum Alliance Agile Coaching Retreats focusing on working in small agile teams to create something you and the agile community can continue to use long after the course is complete.
What will you learn?
The course focuses on improving your facilitation of agile events both on the team and multi-team level as well as teams at different stages of development. We will use the IAF core competencies to steer our learning giving you the ability to focus on the areas you need the most.
Participants will develop an appreciation for the art of facilitation as key to fostering collaboration and enabling self-organising teams. In addition, delegates will build their facilitator tool-kits and gain experience facilitating specific agile practices most relevant to their organisational context.
What topics will be covered?
- Defining the Agile Coaching Pathway
- What is Facilitation?
- The Facilitation Mindset
- The importance of planning in facilitation and how to do it
- Top tips on how to perform common agile events such as the retrospective and planning
- Feedback on your facilitation including a personal improvement plan designed by you
- New decision-making techniques to try with your team
- New ideas on how you can facilitate agile events@scale
- Working in agile teams you will explore a topic of your choosing and have a published outcome through 3 iterations of work
What will you receive?
Registration price fully includes:
- A light tasty breakfast on arrival
- Hot restaurant lunch cooked by the on-site chefs
- Endless bean to cup coffee and a range of speciality teas, with snacks!
- Chilled filtered water to keep you hydrated
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi
Who is this course suitable for?
ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches or aspiring coaches with a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn, improve and practise facilitation in service of agile teams. Other relevant roles include Iteration Managers, Agile Project Managers, Professional Coaches, Development team members.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
How should you prepare for this course?
Pre-work is provided and is focused on self-reflection using the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel.
What about certification?
The course is assessed by the instructors during the course.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive the ICAgile Certified Professional – Agile Team Facilitation (ICA-ATF). The certification will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate.
This course is worth 16 Section C – SEU’s towards Scrum Alliance renewal requirements.
This course is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Agile Coaching track.