What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home, or any other remote location.
Online Delivery Method
The online Coaching Agile Transitions (ICP-CAT) course consists of 3 x 4 hour sessions.
The ICAgile Certified Professional – Coaching Agile Transitions course provides a deep dive into the world of enterprise-level agile coaching.
The course focuses on the field of Enterprise Coaching for agility, exploring the core elements of an organisation which is moving towards more agile way of working. It links the core enterprise coaching competencies in a way that empowers coaches to act as agents of change within their organisations.
Within the course, the trainer(s) will delve into the pursuit of professional mastery and the ethical considerations of Enterprise Coaching for Agility. They then look at elements central to agile transitions such as organisational and human change processes, transformation strategies, addressing organisational impediments, and large group facilitation practices.
What will you learn?
The ICAgile course Agile Coaching in the Enterprise (ICP-CAT) course is focused on four areas:
- Knowing Yourself – Understanding your own strengths and weaknesses is the first step to being an excellent enterprise agile coach, as we start our pursuit of professional mastery and the ethical considerations of Enterprise Coaching for Agility.
- Managing an Engagement – Learn how to better manage an engagement through our unique agile scoping framework. How do we set ourselves up for success in this complex world? What is useful to measure? How do we know if we have done a good job?
- Facilitating Change – Once you have learnt how to manage an engagement, what is next? During this section, you will learn the skills of communicating, educating, and facilitating at an organisational level.
- From Theory to Practice – During the final part of the course, you will put all of your learnings into a real-life example. Taking a course participants’ real organisation, you will, as a group, use your new-found skills to create a coaching plan you can start to use with your organisation immediately.
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- Self Reflection using the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel
- What is Agile Coaching
- Clean Feedback
- Teams Value Pledge
- Agile Mindset
- What would you like to know before we begin?
- Being an agile leader
- Systems thinking
- Human change process
- Arnold Mindell – process edge theory
- Limits and Boundaries of agile coaching
- Clean Setup
- Managing an engagement
- Agile scoping
- Stakeholder management
- Writing an agile business case for change
- Creating a coaching agreement
- (Re)Launching an agile journey
- Assessing an organisation
- Creating a coaching plan
- Creating a communication plan
- Educating at an organisational level
- Training from the back of the room
- Large group facilitation techniques
- Deep Democracy
- Open Space
What will you receive?
- High quality training from an ICAgile Authorised Instructor
- On successful completion of the 4 modules, you will receive the ICAgile Certified Professional – Coaching Agile Transitions (ICP-CAT) certification (a valuable, industry-known certification that will not expire)
- 16 SEUs (Scrum Education Units) towards Scrum Alliance renewal requirements (eg for CSM, CSPO, A-CSM, A-CSPO etc)
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
Who is this course suitable for?
Relevant roles include enterprise, program and team-level Agile Coaches, Agile Team Facilitators, or anyone aspiring to these roles. In addition, anyone with a strong background in change management and/or organisational design, as well as a curiosity about agile approaches at the enterprise level, will benefit from this certification.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Although it is not a formal prerequisite, we have found that this certification is best pursued after a foundation agile course such as Scrum Foundations, Agile Fundamentals, ICAgile or CSM/PSM or equivalent experience.
It will also be beneficial if you have completed the ICP-ACC course prior to this one.
How should you prepare for this course?
Pre-course work is provided to delegates upon registration – and is focused on self-reflection using a number of tools including the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel.
What about certification?
This course is assessed by the instructors during the training. Early feedback will be provided if you are likely to need additional support before you can pass.
On successful completion of the 4 modules, you will receive the ICAgile Certified Professional – Coaching Agile Transitions (ICP-CAT) certification (a valuable, industry-known certification that will not expire).
Is there a fee to renew ICAgile Certifications?
No, ICAgile does not have a certification renewal fee. Their goal is to help people go on an Agile learning journey. Therefore, we encourage professionals to take the next step by pursuing other ICAgile certifications across the ICAgile road map.