What is this course?
The Future of Digital Agile Leadership workshop is designed to inspire you and to help transform your leadership practices to succeed in an innovative, digital context.
It is for everyone who would like to build their leadership skills (system thinking, collaborative goal-setting and self-organisation) to transform traditional businesses and mindsets. Participants usually include functional managers, agile coaches, senior managers, Chief Happiness officers, lead developers, dreamers.
The course is based on Management 3.0 principles developed by the author Jurgen Appelo and Management 3.0 change agents around the world delivering this course.
In this two-day workshop, you will take part in interactive simulations, focused group discussions and receive bite-sized takeaways enriched by the facilitator’s own experience coaching and mentoring digital business transformations. So you can go back and improve your own organisations with a renewed effort and skill set.
What will you learn?
The Management 3.0 two-day workshops are great fun, but what’s more important: They get results! They teach you how to work with hands-on management tools and techniques that you can start using right away. During the workshops, we run experiments that will challenge the way you think and that will lead to a better understanding of why people do what they do.
You will learn how to embrace change and how to encourage others to embrace it as well. Most importantly: You will learn how work does not have to feel like work, but more like enjoying the good life. You don’t want theories and soft management science, you want hands-on approaches that can become solutions for increasing employee engagement and improving results. You want to build a future.
Management 3.0 helps you answer questions like:
- How can I make the rest of my organisation more agile?
- How can I motivate my employees to develop themselves?
- How can I persuade customers to accept scrum?
What topics will be covered?
- Agile Management is the generic term for leadership and governance of creative teams in a way that is consistent with lean agile thinking. You will become acquainted with the common methods and challenges of agile management in transformations around the world, and the necessity of good management in an agile organisation.
- Complexity Thinking lays the foundation for the following Management 3.0 themes. It explains why traditional linear thinking is not appropriate in today’s world and why it should be replaced by thinking in complex adaptive systems.
- Energise People explores the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, the ten intrinsic desires and common techniques to explore what is important to people in your teams.
- Empower Teams illustrates stories on self-organisation and how managers can create the conditions for successful, self-organised teams. You will learn how to create empowerment and autonomy, distribute effective authorisation and decision-making in the organisation and grow relationships based on trust. Concrete practices discussed include delegation poker and delegation boards.
- Align Constraints revolves around setting goals and a sense of purpose that channels self-organisation in the desired direction. You will learn when to manage and when to lead, the criteria to set inspiring goals, and the challenges of management by objectives.
- Develop Competence explains how and when to apply the seven approaches of competence development in order to grow high performing teams. Measuring competence in complex adaptive environments as well as recruitment best practices are discussed.
- Grow Structure illustrates how organisational structures can be catalysts or barriers to growth. This session helps the manager to develop the best organisational structure to facilitate communication and to find the best mix of teams between specialisation and generalisation.
- Change Management gives valuable suggestions on how we can drive continuous improvement of the organisation as a change agent. Four facets of change management are illustrated and practiced to help the participants become change agents in a complex environment.
What will you receive?
- 2 days of high quality instruction from a Management 3.0 Trainer and Agile expert with over 10 years’ of training and consulting experience.
- Course materials to take away
- Access to electronic copies of course materials and other reference documentation
- Recognition by the Happy Melly the company behind Management 3.0
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
- Every attendee who completes the course obtains the Management 3.0 Certificate of Attendance in PDF format
Who is this course suitable for?
Anyone who wants to be a better leader! We believe that management is not only the managers’ responsibility. It is everyone’s job!
If you’re a team leader, development manager, delivery manager, middle manager, CEO, human resources manager, project manager, product owner, agile developer, scrum master, or want to be a great people leader regardless of title, this workshop is for you!
Workshops are adapted to sector and attendees’ needs.
Topics covered often include:
- employee engagement
- project management
- intrinsic motivation
- organizational structures
- complexity thinking
- agile methodology
- self organization
- goal setting
- competence development
- team decision making
- change management
- performance management vs. performance appraisal
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no prerequisites for the course.
How should you prepare for this course?
Background reading prior to the course would be useful but not essential. A small and useful reading list is provided to delegates upon registration.
A reminder and additional recommendations will also be provided.
What about certification?
In order to obtain the Management 3.0 Certificate of Attendance, you will need to successfully complete the 2 day course, following which your name will be registered and you will be issued with your PDF certificate. Unlike other courses, this is not examined and you will automatically be granted certification status once you complete the two days.
For those participants interested in becoming a licensed facilitator and use the management 3.0 content, games and practices to facilitate change via internal or external client workshops, this certificate makes you eligible to apply for a facilitator license. There are also other routes to become a licensed facilitator, see the management 3.0 website Facilitators/How to become a licensed facilitator page for more details.