What is this course?
Take your training skills to a more advanced level with this 2-day, globally acclaimed and interactive, train-the-trainer course. Discover how the human brain really learns, which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning. Explore the most current “cognitive neuroscience” about effective instruction – how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge. Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
These Accelerated Learning principles go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement.
During this dynamic, two-day training program, you will also practice using the 4Cs instructional design “map” with the content you teach, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners. You’ll use the 4Cs Map – a powerful 4-step instructional design and delivery model – to create a training plan specific to a topic you already teach.
No dates available
What will you learn?
- All the brain-based, interactive strategies that you’ll experience during the class are content-independent, meaning that you can use them with any subject or topic.
- All the learning activities that you’ll collect during the class are from 1- to 5-minutes in length, which means that they’re really easy to insert into any class or training program. You’ll create your own trainer’s tool bag full of these short, quick learning strategies
- You’ll experience everything you’ll be learning about, including six major brain-science principles that make learner-centred, brain-based instruction so successful and exciting.
- You’ll design one of your own classes or training programs, using your own topic, your trainer’s toolbag strategies, and the instructional design model called “The 4Cs Map”. And you’ll receive peer feedback during the class to help you polish what you’ve designed.
- You’ll leave with an awesome collection of resources: 2 books and 1 workbook; a trainer’s tool bag full of activities you can use immediately; 6 brain-science principles, the 4Cs Map; innovative and interactive ways to use PowerPoint; fun learning aids; and dozens of other digital resources to enhance your own teaching and training skills.
What topics will be covered?
This course focuses on equipping you with new tools, techniques and skills to be the best trainer you can be. It will be very interactive and by the end of the 2 days, attendees will be able to:
• Apply six learning principles based on current brain research every time you train, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the group, or level of learners.
• Demonstrate a variety of brain science elements important to human learning, using your own training topics.
• Increase learners’ attention, retention and engagement with learning activities that engage the whole brain.
• Use the “4Cs Map” as a training design and delivery model for any brain-based instruction.
• Choose from dozens of brain-based learning activities for all topics and all instructional formats: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small or large group training.
• Access a collection of new brain science resources to enhance your training skills, whether you teach in real or virtual classrooms.
• Create training classes and programs that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the program.
• Explain to colleagues your understanding of the physiology of the human brain as it applies to learn, training and memory.
• Become a member of an ongoing “mastermind” group of trainers who have as their community commonality brain science, the 4Cs map and a passion for learning excellence.
What will you receive?
On successful completion of the course, you will receive the Training from the Back of the Practitioner Certificate. The certification will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate in training, learning and development capability.
You’ll leave this train-the-trainer event with a trainer’s tool bag of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs.
You’ll also receive a 55-page workbook filled with new resources and brain science information, as well as copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: “Training from the BACK of the Room” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick”.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Agile Coaches & Trainers
- Anyone who needs to engage an audience!
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no formal prerequisites for this course
How should you prepare for this course?
No pre-course preparation is required.
What about certification?
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a digital Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner Certificate. There is no exam as the course is assessed by the instructor(s) during the course who will then provide the digital Certification afterwards.
The certification will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate.
Please note: in order to receive the Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner Certificate you must attend and complete both days of the course.