What is this course?
Take your training skills to a more advanced level as you discover how the human brain really learns which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning. Explore the most current “cognitive neuroscience” about effective instruction – how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge. Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
These Accelerated Learning principles go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement.
During this dynamic, two-day training program, you will also practice using the 4Cs instructional design “map” with the content you teach, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners. The 4Cs is a brain-based, four-step, Accelerated Learning instructional design model now used by hundreds of Agile coaches and Scrum trainers around the world.
What will you learn?
The training is based on our current understanding cognitive science and how we can make learning stick. It is very interactive and by the end of it, attendees will be able to:
- Apply six learning principles based on current brain research every time you train, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of group, or level of learners.
- Demonstrate a variety of brain science elements important to human learning, using your own training topics.
- Increase learners’ attention, retention and engagement with learning activities that engage the whole brain.
- Use the “4Cs Map” as a training design and delivery model for any brain-based instruction.
- Choose from dozens of brain-based learning activities for all topics and all instructional formats: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small or large group training.
- Access a collection of new brain science resources to enhance your training skills, whether you teach in real or virtual classrooms.
- Create training classes and programs that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the program.
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of the physiology of the human brain as it applies to learning, training and memory.
- Become a member of an ongoing “mastermind” group of trainers who have as their community commonality brain science, the 4Cs map and a passion for learning excellence.
What topics will be covered?
You can expect to cover each of the 9 topics highlighted above (in the ‘What you will learn?’ section) in detail during the course.
What will you receive?
You’ll leave this train-the-trainer event with a trainer’s tool bag of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs.
You’ll also leave with a 55-page workbook filled with new resources and brain science information, as well as copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: “Training from the BACK of the Room” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick”.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Agile Coaches & Trainers
- Anyone who needs to engage an audience!
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no prerequisites for this course
How should you prepare for this course?
No pre-course preparation is required.
What about certification?
There is no certification for this course