What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home, or any other remote location.
This is an accredited 3 day course launched in 2011 by APMG and the DSDM Consortium to address the need to run projects in an Agile way. The course is equally divided between the theory behind Agile Project Management (AgilePM) and interactive practical experience of the techniques and disciplines involved. The 3* day course includes the Foundation exam for those who want to become certified in Agile Project Management at Foundation level.
Should I go for Foundation only, or Practitioner?
You should consider your reasons for going on this course and what you hope to achieve from it. All the teaching takes places during the first three days of the course, and the foundation exam is taken at the end of the third day. If you are wanting to take the Practitioner exam, you will spend the morning of the fourth day preparing for this paper. The Practitioner exam is taken after lunch on the fourth day.
Attending the first 3 days of the course and sitting the Foundation exam is sufficient if you are taking the course to improve your knowledge of project management in an agile context for example, or if you are about to start work on an agile project and need some training first. However, if you’re looking to improve your CV, get a promotion, win more contracts, demonstrate your skills to potential employers or clients, then the Practitioner course and exam is probably more suitable.
No dates available
What will you learn?
The course will give delegates a practical understanding of how to use Agile behaviours and techniques at scale. Agile has grown rapidly in recent years and is now ‘mainstream’, but a lot of these successes are with small, co-located teams.
This course shows you how to be Agile at a larger scale by wrapping Agile Project Management disciplines around the delivery aspects of an Agile project. This allows you to ‘be agile’ in more complex environments where stricter governance or compliance is needed such as it is with most large organisations today.
By becoming certified, this course helps you to stay current within your own organisation and in today’s fast moving marketplace.
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- What is Agile?
- What is AgilePM and DSDM?
- The Fundamentals
- The Philosophy and The Principles
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Teams and Team Structures
- Project Constraints
- Success Factors
- Approach Questionnaire
The Lifestyle and Framework
- The Phases and Products
- Lifecycle Configuration
- Estimation and Measurement
- Quality and Maintainability
- Planning, Control and Risk
- Implementing Agile Project Management
What will you receive?
- 3 days of high quality instruction from a highly qualified Agile Project Management (AgilePM) trainer. Our trainers are among the most highly qualified in the UK and have years of experience in not only teaching, but also delivering Agile projects as well. All are originally DSDM trainers (upon which the AgilePM qualification is based) rather than being waterfall trainers who have simply attended the AgilePM course themselves in order to become an Agile trainer. Not all AgilePM trainers are created equal and so you are recommended to find training from an Agile-focused AgilePM trainer.
- e-Certificate upon successful completion of the course
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments during the course, including drinks and lunch
- All course materials, which include a copy of the slide deck, exercises and case study
- A copy of the APMG AgilePM Handbook – worth £35
- All applicable AgilePM Foundation exam fees
- Attendance certificate if requested
Who is this course suitable for?
Agile Project Management (AgilePM) Foundation training is suitable for any of the following:
- Practicing project managers (junior up to senior).
- Agile team members wishing to become Agile Project Managers.
- Project support (e.g. team members, developers).
An Agile PM Foundation course is suitable for people from all industries and sectors. Foundation courses are especially well suited to volatile and innovative projects, where requirements often change (e.g. software development projects).
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, however it is worth thinking about your objectives for going on the course in order to determine which of the two courses (Foundation or Practitioner) are the most suitable for you. All of the teaching takes place in the first 3 days of the course. Delegates then take the Foundation exam at the end of day 3.
Those who are taking the Practitioner exam will stay on for a 4th day; the morning of which is spent preparing delegates for the Practitioner exam, which is taken after lunch.
If you are attending the course because you just need the knowledge, e.g., you are about to start work on an Agile project and need some training first, or you are working with a client who uses Agile so you need some help in this area, then attending the first 3 days to Foundation level may be sufficient for you. However, if you want the Practitioner qualification for your CV to help you get that promotion, or to win more contracts, or to demonstrate to potential employers or customers that you have the necessary skills that they are looking for, then the Practitioner qualification is definitely right for you.
How should you prepare for this course?
Information on pre-course work and preparation will be provided to delegates upon registration.
What about certification?
The exam for the Foundation course is sat during the course, at the end of day 3.
The Agile Project Management Foundation exam is a 40 minute, closed book, exam. There are 50 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 25 (50%). The exam is marked on-site during the course and results can be released immediately (with the APMG certificate usually following within 2-3 weeks through the post).
Those who are staying on the take the Practitioner exam stay on for a 4th day; the morning of which is spent preparing delegates for the Practitioner exam, which is taken after lunch.