What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home, or any other remote location.
This is an accredited 4 day course launched in 2011 by APMG and the DSDM Consortium to address the need to run projects in an Agile way. The course is equally divided between the theory behind Agile Project Management (AgilePM) and interactive practical experience of the techniques and disciplines involved.
The 4 day course comprises tuition towards the Foundation exam during days 1-3 and is aimed at those who want to become certified in Agile Project Management at Foundation level. The Practitioner course is extended by a day to include preparation for, and attendance at a Practitioner exam (leading to certification in Agile Project Management at Practitioner level).
Upcoming Course Dates
|Location||Start date||Price ex VAT|
|Live Online Training||19 Apr - 4 days||£1295||Andrew Kell|
|Live Online Training||04 May - 4 days||£1295||Andrew Kell|
|Live Online Training||24 May - 4 days||£1295||Andrew Kell|
|Live Online Training||14 Jun - 4 days||£1295||Andrew Kell|
What will you learn?
The course will give delegates a practical understanding of how to use Agile behaviours and techniques at scale. Agile has grown rapidly in recent years and is now ‘mainstream’, but a lot of these successes are with small, co-located teams.
This course shows you how to be Agile at a larger scale by wrapping Agile Project Management disciplines around the delivery aspects of an Agile project. This allows you to ‘be agile’ in more complex environments where stricter governance or compliance is needed such as it is with most large organisations today.
By becoming certified, this course helps you to stay current within your own organisation and in today’s fast moving marketplace.
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
• What is Agile?
• What is AgilePM and DSDM?
• The Fundamentals
• The Philosophy and The Principles
• Roles and Responsibilities
• Teams and Team Structures
• Project Constraints
• Success Factors
• Approach Questionnaire
The Lifestyle and Framework
• The Phases and Products
• Lifecycle Configuration
• Estimation and Measurement
• Quality and Maintainability
• Planning, Control and Risk
• Implementing Agile Project Management
What will you receive?
- 4 days of high-quality instruction from a highly qualified Agile Project Management (AgilePM) trainer. Our trainers are among the most highly qualified in the UK and have years of experience in not only teaching, but also delivering Agile projects as well. All are originally DSDM trainers (upon which the AgilePM qualification is based) rather than being waterfall trainers who have simply attended the AgilePM course themselves in order to become an Agile trainer. Not all AgilePM trainers are created equal and so you are recommended to find training from an Agile-focused AgilePM trainer.
- e-Certificate upon successful completion of the course (Foundation and Practitioner)
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments during the course, including drinks and lunch
- All course materials, which include a copy of the slide deck, exercises and case study
- A copy of the APMG AgilePM Handbook – worth £35
- All applicable AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner exam fees
- Attendance certificate if requested
Who is this course suitable for?
Agile Project Management (AgilePM) Practitioner training is suitable for any of the following:
- Practicing project managers (junior up to senior).
- Agile team members wishing to become Agile Project Managers.
- Project support (e.g. team members, developers).
An Agile PM Practitioner course is suitable for people from all industries and sectors. Practitioner courses are especially suited to volatile and innovative projects, where requirements are likely to change (e.g. software development).
For students already holding the AgilePM Foundation certificate, then you just need to attend the Practitioner-only 1-day course.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, however it is worth thinking about your objectives for going on the course in order to determine which of the two courses (Foundation or Practitioner) are the most suitable for you. All of the teaching takes place in the first 3 days of the course. Delegates then take the Foundation exam at the end of day 3.
Those who are staying on the take the Practitioner exam stay on for a 4th day; the morning of which is spent preparing delegates for the Practitioner exam, which is taken after lunch.
If you are attending the course because you just need the knowledge, e.g., you are about to start work on an Agile project and need some training first, or you are working with a client who uses Agile so you need some help in this area, then attending the first 3 days to Foundation level may be sufficient for you. However, if you want the Practitioner qualification for your CV to help you get that promotion, or to win more contracts, or to demonstrate to potential employers or customers that you have the necessary skills that they are looking for, then the Practitioner qualification is definitely right for you.
How should you prepare for this course?
Information on pre-course work and preparation will be provided to delegates upon registration.
What about certification?
The exams for both the Foundation and Practitioner course are sat during the course, at the end of days 3 and 4.
The Agile Project Management Foundation exam is a 40 minute, closed book, exam. There are 50 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 25 (50%). The exam is marked on-site during the course and results can be released immediately (with the APMG certificate usually following within 2-3 weeks through the post).
The Agile Project Management Practitioner exam is a 2.5 hour exam in the objective testing style, which basically means complex multiple choice incorporating a scenario, question and answer booklet. You are permitted to use your handbook during the practitioner exam. The pass mark is again 50%. This exam is marked offsite by the APMG and the results from this exam (as well as the Foundation exam if taken prior) are emailed to delegates usually within 2 weeks of the course exam date, with the certificate following shortly thereafter.
If the exam is not passed at the first time of asking, then individuals do have the option to resit the exam. The resit can either be taken on a future course date (subject to a place being available) for £275 + VAT, or directly through APMG for £357.