What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with an added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home or any other remote location.
Online Delivery Method
Please note that the start and finish times listed for each of the respective course dates refer to GMT time zone.
The Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner™ (A-CSPO™) course is part of the Scrum Alliance’s Path to Certified Scrum Professional®. This step in the Product Owner’s journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflective learning as part of online group coaching sessions.
This programme is aimed at practising Product Owners, growing skills and knowledge in areas such as stakeholder identification and management, neuroscience-based collaboration techniques, scaling and advanced product backlog management.
It focuses on growing a Product Owner’s knowledge and skills to define and operate in a more Agile product-based organisation driven by product outcomes and metrics, supported by results-driven approaches and insights into human-based biases and behaviours.
The workshop builds on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion, and will equip you with the knowledge required to be an effective Scrum Product Owner.
On completion of the course, you will become an A-CSPO™, which will make you eligible to work towards the Certified Scrum Professional®. Please note that to achieve this A-CSPO™ certification, you must also already hold an active Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) qualification with the Scrum Alliance.
What will you learn?
The Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner™ programme will help you take that next step in your growth as a Product Owner. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Identify the skills and capabilities needed for a Product Owner to collaborate as a member of a cross-functional Scrum Team in order to create successful products
- Use techniques to identify that you are working with the key stakeholders you need
- Recognise when to act as a facilitator for stakeholders
- Identify when a group is engaged in divergent thinking or convergent thinking
- Use different techniques for engaging with stakeholders on a regular basis
- Discuss the impact technical practices may have on the ability to maximize business value
- Describe the key attributes of different scaling frameworks and approaches
- Utilise approaches to identify purpose or strategy to foster alignment and shared ownership
- Plan a product release based on content from a roadmap, market segmentation or window
- Connect teams directly to customers and users to build deeper understanding and empathy
- Visualise and communicate product and feature ideas and assumptions
- Incorporate testing assumptions into the Scrum framework
- Develop hypotheses for a given target user/customer segment
- Maximise outcome and impact to the business, user, and market whilst minimising output for a product/feature idea
- Use different techniques to model and measure value
- Describe and apply at least four factors to implement when ordering a product backlog, and different techniques to structure and filter the contents of a product backlog
What topics will be covered?
- Product definition and organisational impact
- In-depth exploration of the Product Owner role and implementation patterns
- Mapping and working with stakeholders
- Neuroscience-based collaboration techniques
- Group facilitation techniques
- Scaling approaches and patterns(e.g. SAFe, LeSS)
- Managing dependencies or reducing/removing dependencies between teams
- Visualising dependencies between teams
- Large-scale participatory meeting formats
- Cognitive bias that influences individual and product decision making
- Vision to value
- Identifying target markets, looking at problem / solution fit and product market fit
- Exploring user jobs to be done
- Where to start with a product – push versus pull
- Creating product tests
- Getting early feedback using marketing and prototypes to drive product research
- Quantifying value and return on investment
- Comparative cost of delay
What will you receive?
- High quality instruction from a Certified Scrum Trainer
- Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner certification on successful completion of the programme (*all certification requirements must be met)
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for Scrum Product Owners with at least a year’s experience in the role. You must already hold an active Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification with the Scrum Alliance, and have Agile experience – as the course will build on your experiences in order to deepen your understanding of Agile and yourself.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- You must already hold an active Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification with the Scrum Alliance. This is an essential pre-requisite for the course, and you will not be able to achieve the A-CSPO certification without it.
- You must also have at least 1 year’s experience working as a Scrum Product Owner
How should you prepare for this course?
The pre-reading and videos to be watched before the course are as follows:
- Steve Blank – The customer Development process – a 5-minute video
- Marty Cagan – Silicon Valley Product Group Blog. There are a wealth of articles here; have a browse through and read some of the articles
- Lean UX by Jeff Gothelf. This book brings together many of the techniques we will be touching on in the course
- Re-familiarise yourself with the Scrum Guide
What about certification?
In order to be eligible for the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner™ (A-CSPO™), you must already hold a Certified Scrum Product Owner™ (CSPO™) qualification with the Scrum Alliance, and attend each day of the course.
Your trainer will explain all necessary details about the certification during the course.