What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home, or any other remote location.
Course Module Dates (9am-1pm UK Time)
This online course will be delivered via 5 separate modules on the following dates:
Module 1 – Monday 21st September – ScrumMastery and Facilitate Learning
Module 2 – Monday 28th September – Coaching
Module 3 – Monday 5th October – Facilitation
Module 4 – Monday 12th October – Serving the Team
Module 5 – Monday 19th October – Serving the Product Owner and Organisation
Each delegate will receive one complimentary 1 to 1 coaching session.
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) is part of the Scrum Alliance’s Agile Coaching Pathway; this step in the journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflection.
This programme is aimed at practicing ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches. Growing skills such as facilitation and coaching, and building knowledge to better serve Development Teams, Product Owners and the wider organisation. This programme’s focus is on growing you as team coaches and change agents.
This programme is delivered as live online training in five modules, each of which is four hours long. Each module will occur every 7 days with the first module occurring on the course start date. The five modules are:
- Growing Yourself and Facilitating Learning
- Serving the Team
- Serving the Product Owner and Organisation
Each module is a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to be an effective coach. However, real learning happens through application and reflection, so after each module there will be homework to practice the skills and apply the knowledge. Reflection time will be built into the modules as real learning happens through reflective practice.
Each delegate will receive one complimentary 1 to 1 coaching session; further coaching support may also help enhance the learning experience. On completion of the programme, you will become an A-CSM™, which will make you eligible to work towards the Certified Scrum Professional®.
What will you learn?
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ programme will help you take the next step in your growth as a ScrumMaster and Agile Coach. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Describe a wide range of Agile and Lean concepts and understand their context
- Share understanding and examples of Empirical Process Control
- Explore facilitation models
- Share facilitation skills
- Plan for collaborative meetings
- Be able to demonstrate a coaching stance
- Apply coaching techniques with team, Product Owners and stakeholders
- Apply techniques to foster self-organisation
- Understand team development models
- Apply techniques for improving team performance
- Facilitate the creation of a definition of Done
- Describe a number engineering practices and how they affect a teams ability to deliver a potentially shippable product increment
- Be able to facilitate the creation of a Vision and Product Backlog
- Explain Scrum to the Business
- Identify, analyze and resolve impediments
- Compare and contrast different scaling options
- Create self awareness of yourself as a ScrumMaster
- Improve your ability to deal with conflict
- Understand Servant Leadership
What topics will be covered?
- Agile and Lean Values, Principles, and Worldview
- Empirical Process Control
- Basic Facilitation
- Coaching Fundamentals
- Self Organisation
- Team Dynamics
- Definition of Done
- Value of Engineering Practices
- Going from Vision to Ready
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Resolving Impediments
- Scaling Scrum
- Organisational Change
- Developing Yourself
What will you receive?
- 18 hours of high quality instruction from our Certified Scrum Trainers
- 1 coaching sessions to reflect on your practice
- Course materials
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master certification on successful completion of the programme
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches with at least a years experience in the role. You must have Agile experience as the course will build on your experiences in order to deepen your understanding of Agile and yourself.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- You will already be a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®)
- At least 1 years experience working as a ScrumMaster or Agile Coach
How should you prepare for this course?
Attendees should re-familiarise themselves with the Scrum Guide. There will also be homework and pre-read between each modules, this will be supplied throughout the programme.
What about certification?
In order to be eligible for the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™), you must already hold an active Certified ScrumMaster™ (CSM™) qualification with the Scrum Alliance, and attend all five modules of the course. Your trainer will explain all necessary details about the certification during the course.
With your Certified ScrumMaster™ (CSM™), you must successfully achieve, and be validated by a Path to CSP Educator, all the A-CSM™ learning objectives defined. Students must successfully complete all Educator-designed components of an approved educational offering, in addition to demonstrating at least one-year’s work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster.