What is this course?
The Certified Scrum Professional® For ScrumMasters (CSP-SM®) is for practicing ScrumMasters/Team Coaches with 2 years’ experience and those who have already attained the Scrum Alliance Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) qualification.
This step in the ScrumMaster journey is a combination of a 2 day workshop, applied learning on the job and reflective learning as part of online group coaching sessions. This programme is aimed at practicing ScrumMasters, allowing them to grow skills such as facilitation and coaching, and build knowledge to better serve Development Teams, Product Owners and the wider organisation. It focuses on growing ScrumMasters as organisational change agents and will further deepen their coaching and facilitation skills.The 2 day workshop build on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the knowledge required to be a professional ScrumMaster. However the real learning happens through application and reflection, so following the workshop there will be a 3 online group coaching sessions (2 hours each). These will allow you to reflect on how you are applying your knowledge and skills. The coaching sessions are an essential part of the learning and you will be expected to attend.
On completion of the programme and validation with your coach that you have met the learning objectives, you will become a CSP-SM®.
Upcoming Course Dates
|Location||Start date||Price exVAT||Trainer||Status|
|London - Barbican||18 Dec - 2 days||£1250||Mark Summers|
What will you learn?
The Certified Scrum Professional® will help you take that next step in your growth as a ScrumMaster. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Describe the core concepts of Lean Thinking
- Design and facilitate a retrospective with senior leaders and executives to foster continuous improvement at the organizational level
- Apply Visual Facilitation techniques
- Describe how to set up a coaching relationship
- Create a coaching agreement with a development team
- Understand supporting psychological concepts for coaching
- Practice, practice, practice your coaching skills
- Apply different models for team development
- Apply techniques to address team dysfunctions
- Organise and facilitate the launch of a new Agile team
- Demonstrate at least two training or coaching methods to introduce more advanced engineering practices
- Demonstrate techniques for raising team accountability and trust
- Understand and apply techniques to develop your organisation
- Explain different options for Agile in a multi-team environment and compare and contrast different scaling options
- Understand yourself better as a ScrumMaster, so that you can plan and execute your own personal growth path
What topics will be covered?
- Lean Thinking
- Advanced Facilitation
- Agile Coaching
- Team Dynamics
- Team Effectiveness
- Starting New Agile Teams
- Software Craftsmanship
- Coaching the Development Team
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Organisational Development
- Developing Yourself
What will you receive?
- 2 days of high quality instruction from two of our Certified Scrum Trainers
- 3 online group coaching sessions to reflect on your ScrumMaster practice
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including lunch
- Course materials
- Certified Scrum Professional® For ScrumMasters on successful completion of the programme
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for ScrumMasters with at least two years experience in the role. You must have Agile experience as the course will build on your experiences in order to deepen your understanding of Agile and yourself.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- You will already have the Scrum Alliance’s Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™).
- At least 2 years experience working as a ScrumMaster
How should you prepare for this course?
Attendees should re-familiarise themselves with the Scrum Guide, other pre-reading will be sent out in the joining instructions.
What about certification?
Following the 2 days workshop, delegates will begin to put their learning into practice, a series of coaching sessions will allow for reflection and further growth to take place. Once the coaching has been completed, and delegates have reached the level described in the Learning Objectives, this is when we will register them with the Scrum Alliance. Then delegates will enter information that validates they have the required 2 years experience in the role of a ScrumMaster, if that point is in the future then they would have to wait until they have the required experience before receiving the certification.
The coaching usually takes between 2 and 4 months to complete, but can take longer depending on the experience and needs of the delegates. Delegates must hold an A-CSM and be a current member of the Scrum Alliance.