What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home or any other remote location.
Course Timings Live Online
This online course will be delivered over 3 days between 09:30-16:30 (UK times).
In addition, each delegate will receive one complimentary 1 to 1 coaching session.
The Certified Scrum Professional® for ScrumMasters (CSP-SM®) is for practicing ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches with 2 years’ experience and those who have already attained the Scrum Alliance Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) qualification. It is part of the Scrum Alliance’s Agile Coaching Pathway; this step in the journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflection.
This programme allows ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches to develop skills such as facilitation and coaching, and build knowledge to better serve Development Teams, Product Owners and the wider organisation. It focuses on developing you as an organisational change agent and will further deepen your coaching and facilitation skills.
The workshop builds on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the knowledge required to be a professional ScrumMaster. However, the real learning happens through application and reflection, so after the workshop, in order to achieve the CSP-SM®, there is an applied practice and written reflection element. Through the written reflections you will demonstrate that you meet the learning objectives for the Certified Scrum Professional®.
• Facilitating Learning
• Serving the Team and Product Owner
• Serving the Organisation and yourself
On completion of the programme and validation with your coach that you have met the learning objectives, you will become a CSP-SM®.
Each delegate will receive one complimentary 1 to 1 coaching session; further coaching support may also help enhance the learning experience.
What will you learn?
The Certified Scrum Professional® will help you take that next step in your growth as a ScrumMaster and Agile Coach. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Describe the core concepts of Lean Thinking
- Apply Visual Facilitation techniques
- Describe how to set up a coaching relationship
- Create a coaching agreement with an individual and a team
- Understand supporting psychological concepts for coaching
- Develop and teach concepts to your team
- Practice, practice, practice your coaching skills
- Apply different models for team development
- Apply techniques to address team dysfunctions
- Organise and facilitate the launch of a new Agile team
- Plan the launch of multiple Agile teams
- Demonstrate at least two training or coaching methods to introduce more advanced engineering practices
- Demonstrate techniques for raising team accountability and trust
- Understand and apply techniques to develop your organisation
- Explain different options for Agile in a multi-team environment and compare and contrast different scaling options
- Understand yourself better as a Coach, so that you can plan and execute your own personal growth path
What topics will be covered?
- Lean Thinking
- Advanced Facilitation
- Agile Coaching
- Team Dynamics
- Starting New Agile Teams
- Software Craftsmanship
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Organisational Development
- Developing Yourself
What will you receive?
- High-quality instruction from our Certified Scrum Trainers and Certified Agile Coaches
- 14 hours for an in-person/classroom-based workshop
- 18 hours when attending Live Online
- 1 coaching session to reflect on your practice
- For in-person/classroom-based courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including lunch
- Course materials and access to other resources
- Certified Scrum Professional® For ScrumMasters on successful completion of the programme
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches with at least two years’ experience in the role. You must have Agile experience as the course will build on your experiences in order to deepen your understanding of Agile and yourself.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- You will already have the Scrum Alliances Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™).
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a ScrumMaster or Agile Coach
How should you prepare for this course?
Attendees should re-familiarise themselves with the Scrum Guide. Other pre-reading will be sent out in the course preparation email.
What about certification?
Following the workshop, delegates will begin to put their learning into practice. On completion of the programme and validation with your coach that you have met the learning objectives, you will then be registered with the Scrum Alliance.
Delegates will then enter information that validates they have the required 2 years’ experience in the role of a ScrumMaster. If that point is in the future, then they would have to wait until they have the required experience before receiving the certification.