What is this course?
Whether you are new to Agile with a basic understanding of its principles, or have already spent time involved with practitioners talking about or implementing an Agile approach; ensuring success with this very different way of working can be a daunting prospect. You understand that the beneﬁts of ‘going agile’ include improving quality, productivity and time to market, but how does this happen in practice? And how can you ensure that these improvements are realised? If you have not undertaken Agile Training with a formally Certiﬁed ‘Scrum’ Trainer then you may be missing key knowledge and skills that will enable you to make the most of the opportunities afforded by effective implementation of Agile principles and practices.
The standard one day Agile Executive brieﬁng explains Agile, its beneﬁts, rationale and risks, theory and foundations right through to practical application and pitfalls. It is an essential introduction for those new to Agile from a leadership perspective who would like to learn more in order to be most effective as their organisation is on its Agile journey. Depending on delegate availability and appetite this brieﬁng can be compressed to a half-day session, or expanded to 2 days with extra detail and practical activities.
No dates available
What will you learn?
This briefing will give you the understanding of Agile principles and practices required so that you can:
- Excel as an Agile Leader
- Take a leading role in the Transformation of your organisation
- Understand and explain the rationale, benefits and risks of Agile to others
- Understand and explain the various popular Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban to others
- Participate effectively in Agile Meetings where necessary (e.g. Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective)
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working
What topics will be covered?
Rationale and beneﬁts
- The Lean roots of Agile, The Agile Manifesto and Agile Principles
- Agile ‘empirical’ management vs traditional management
- Applicability, benefits and risks of Agile
- The leading Agile Methods – Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile etc.
The essential Agile Framework
- Agile “Scrum” process of Sprints, Kanban-based workflow
- Key Agile Roles: Product Owner, ScrumMaster and Team
- Artifacts: Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog, Definition of Done
- Management Meetings: Planning, Reviews, Retrospectives
The Agile Enterprise
- Large-scale Agile Product / Service Organisation
- Agile Governance, Programme and Portfolio Mgmt
Successful Agile Transformation and Delivery
- Leading the Agile Organisation and Transformation
- Designing and Creating Agile Team Structures
- Defining Products and product Ownership at scale
- Embedding Agile thinking into the organisation, its processes, structures, mindset and culture
What will you receive?
- High quality instruction from an Agile expert and Certified Trainer with over 10 years’ hands-on experience. Agil8 is a specialist Agile training and consultancy company and, as such, only provides trainers with a very broad agile experience across multiple agile Agile methods and substantial real-world client consulting and coaching experience. You can read about our trainers here
- Highly interactive learning with hands-on practical exercises, examples, models, simulations and shared discussions
- Course materials handbook and access to electronic copies of course materials and other reference documentation
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
- Agil8 Course Completion Certiﬁcate
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for senior executives, vice presidents, directors, functional, process and program managers who require an understanding of Agile concepts and practices so that they can lead and guide their teams in delighting customers in a fast-paced, complex and unpredictable working environment.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
How should you prepare for this course?
No prior preparation is required for the workshop. All we ask is that you come with an open mind and willingness to share with others. Prior to the course we will seek to understand your prior knowledge and agile experience level so that the session can be shaped accordingly.
What about certification?
There is no certification associated with this workshop.