What is this course?
As more organisations adopt Agile transformation, it’s essential to introduce staff to the benefits of how self-organising teams deal with complex problems. This is where Scrum Foundations comes in. As an in-house introductory training, this course exposes newcomers to the principles of Scrum, including the ideas, language, and elements of the framework – a perfect first step in one’s Agile journey.
This 1 day course provides an initial overview of Agile, before moving on to cover the existing Scrum Foundations Learning Objectives that are aligned with the most recent Scrum Guide. This is an affordable, scalable, and customizable offering taught by highly skilled instructors who’ve been validated by Scrum Alliance.
What will you learn?
After attending this course you will understand:
- Agile – Mindset, Values, Principles and Practices
- Agile – Benefits, when to Be/Do it
- Scrum Theory – What is Scrum?
- Scrum Values – Courage, Focus, Commitment, Openness, Respect. Sprints the Heart of Scrum
- Team Roles – Scrum Master, Product Owner, Development Team, Cross-Functional teams
- Artefacts – Product Increment, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Definition of Done
- Events & Acts – Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospectives, Daily Scrum, Product Backlog Refinement
- Why Scrum – Empirical Process Control, Core Elements
What topics will be covered?
This course has been created to provide attendees with:
What will you receive?
You will receive 1 day of high quality instruction from a Scrum Alliance Certified Team Coach (CTC). Following completion of the course, you will also receive:
- The Scrum Foundations Digital Badge (to share on your social networks, allowing you to show your achievement in this course)
- Self-Paced Assessment Tool, to help you assess your foundational Scrum knowledge and review key Scrum concepts
- 3 months’ free membership to the Scrum Alliance
Who is this course suitable for?
The course is aimed at those completely new to the principles and practices of Agile and Scrum, including the ideas, language, and elements of the framework.
This is the perfect first step in your Agile journey.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
How should you prepare for this course?
What about certification?
By completing this course, participants will earn a Scrum Foundations Verified Badge of completion that validates their knowledge about the fundamental elements of Scrum. There is no exam associated with this course.