What is this course?
Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
Scrum is the defacto standard for how Agile teams work. Scrum exists only in its entirety and functions well as a container for other techniques and practices. Scrum Teams keep improving how they work, based on what they learn by inspecting and adapting on an ongoing basis.
No dates available
What will you learn?
In this class, students will learn how additional practices from Kanban can be introduced into their Scrum Teams without changing Scrum. They will learn how to add the right practices and the benefits that their Scrum Teams can achieve from using Scrum with Kanban.
• Gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum
• Be introduced to Kanban practices that Scrum Teams can adopt to help improve their effectiveness and efficiency
• Understand how to effectively use the appropriate Kanban practices without changing
• Learn a practical approach to improving transparency and visibility of work
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
• Dispelling Common Myths
• Understanding Professional Scrum
• Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices
• Kanban in Practice
• Scrum with Kanban
What will you receive?
• 2 days of high quality training and instruction from an Agile expert with over 10 years’ Agile experience
• Course materials
• The opportunity to take the Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) assessment and certification after the course
• 14 PMI PDU’s credits can be claimed for this course
Who is this course suitable for?
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course is for anyone doing Scrum. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organisation
who use Scrum to deliver products to market including Product Owners, Development Team Members and Scrum Masters.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no prerequisites for this course.
How should you prepare for this course?
The only preparation required is to read the Scrum Guide & the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams.
What about certification?
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with Kanban I
(PSK I) assessment. This assessment is only available to students of the class currently.
The industry-recognized PSK I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. If you attempt the PSK I assessment within 14 days of
receiving the password and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.