What is this course?
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home, or any other remote location.
Certified Kanban Management Professional – KMP II is a highly interactive course accredited by the Kanban University and provides in-depth training in Kanban practices and the principles that underpin the Kanban method.
Participants will build upon and consolidate what they have learned in Certified Kanban Foundation – KMP I and learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences, the details of the recommended Kanban meetings, handling metrics, and setting policy.
What will you learn?
This interactive workshop, accredited by the Kanban University, teaches advanced principles of the Kanban Method. The course will show you deeper Kanban practices to sustain evolutionary improvements and organisational feedback loops enabled by the Kanban cadences.
This workshop is hands-on, using various exercises and simulation alongside instructor-led discussions and presentations.
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the Certified Kanban Management Professional (KMP2) course:
- Motivation for the Kanban method
- Introduction to the Kanban Maturity Model
- Enterprise-level Kanban case study
- Understanding the Kanban system
- Definition of the Kanban Method
- Service Delivery Kanban
- Scaling Kanban out across an organisation
- Discovery Kanban
- Kanban Roles
- Feedback loops to improve service delivery
- Commitment and replenishment
- Conducting Kanban Meetings
- Delivery Planning
- Conducting a service delivery review
- Conducting an operations review
- Improvement Opportunities
- Fitness for purpose
- Understanding Lead time
- Removing Delays
- Understanding Variability
- The risk review
- Managing bottle necks
- Evolutionary approach to change management
What will you receive?
- Course materials
- Kanban University certificate of course completion
- KMP status recognition, upon completion of all qualifying classes (please see Are there any prerequisites for this course)
- Those attendees taking a KU-accredited course will be eligible to become members of the Kanban University. To read about the benefits and learn more, visit the KU website.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is useful for anyone who are already practising Kanban in their work environment and are looking for further improvements for their system(s).
In terms of roles, the course is suitable for:
• Kanban practitioners
• Project and Program managers
• Line and middle managers
• Management from inside and outside of IT
• Process improvement coaches
• Business analysts
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Attendees must have completed the Certified Kanban Foundation Training – KMP I class.
How should you prepare for this course?
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
What about certification?
This course has been accredited by David J Anderson (creator of the Kanban method) and Kanban University (KU). Each attendee will receive a certificate.
This course, following completion of the KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design class, satisfies the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation requirement. Attendees will receive the following recognition:
- Digital KMP status certificate attached to Kanban University website profile
- KMP badge on the Kanban University website
- KMP badge file for use in professional websites, business cards and other locations
- Eligibility for special invitations, discounts, and content only available to Kanban Univeristy members
Please note: Attendees who complete both KMP1 & KMP2 classes are eligible for the Kanban Management Professional designation. Students who do not complete the official KMP1 training through the KU, will not receive this. Please ask if you are not sure.