What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home, or any other remote location.
The Certified LeSS Basics course is a brief introduction into the LeSS Framework. Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a scaling/descaling framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
The Certified LeSS Basics course provides a 1-day (2 half-days online) overview of the framework and some of the essential concepts that it uses. It will help to determine whether LeSS is for you and/or your organisation or not.
What will you learn?
The main learning goal for participants is to gain more information on what LeSS is, what LeSS is not, the purpose of LeSS and how it may be applicable in their working environment. Students will learn where to find more information about LeSS and what to do if one is interested in adopting LeSS in their company.
By the end of the course not only will you be more confident in your knowledge and skills, but you will also have new material to share with your teams and have felt what it’s like to be a part of a LeSS learning community.
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the Certified LeSS Basics course:
- Articulate why LeSS
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach scaling
- Summarize what impact this has on the organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- Explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Explain all roles and their purposes
- Explain why there is one and only real PO and not so-called team POs
- Explain the LeSS Complete diagram, organizing LeSS information in terms of the principles, rules, guides, and experiments
- Explain how LeSS scales over 8 teams
- Analyse one’s own current organisations’ state
- Evaluate the applicability of LeSS in one’s own current work environment
- What organisational impacts LeSS adoption may cause.
- What impact would LeSS adoption make to participants’ work life?
What will you receive?
All participants will receive a Certified LeSS Basics certificate and an account on less.works. The LeSS Basics Certificate will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate.
This course also has the added benefit of being worth 8 Scrum Education Units® (SEU®) in category B. Which are often required for renewing the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or other Scrum Alliance certificates.
Who is this course suitable for?
The Certified LeSS basics course is for anyone who is involved in multi-team Agile effort, such as:
- Organisational Leaders and Managers
- Product Owners and Product Management
- Agile Transformation Leaders, Consultants and Change Agents
- Experienced ScrumMasters and Agile Practitioners
- Agile Team, Organizational Coaches and Agile Trainers
- Software Engineers and hands-on technologists
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Scrum knowledge, either from training or working in Scrum Teams for a long time, is expected (despite the title this is not a beginner’s course).
A concise understanding of the Scrum Guide is also essential. Attendees should therefore ensure to read the Scrum Guide thoroughly before attending.
To attend this course via Live Online Training – you will need to install the Zoom application version, as the web version does not have all the features needed. You will also need access to google docs suite and especially the tool called Jamboard.
How should you prepare for this course?
Pre-work will be provided to delegates upon registration – however this will be minimal. It would also be useful to refresh your knowledge by re-reading the Scrum Guide.
What about certification?
The course is assessed by the instructors during the course, there is no exam to be taken. This is a certification you earn through practice during the course.