What is this course?
The Certified LeSS Basics course is a brief introduction into the LeSS Framework. Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams.
LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
No dates available
What will you learn?
Following attendance on the Certified LeSS Basics, you will be able to:
- Articulate why LeSS
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach on scaling
- Summarize what impact this has on the organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- Explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Explain all LeSS roles and their purposes
- Explain why there is one and only real PO and not so-called team POs
- Explain the LeSS Complete diagram, organizing LeSS information in terms of the principles, rules, guides, and experiments
- Explain how LeSS scales over 8 teams
- Analyze one’s own current organisations’ state
- Evaluate the applicability of LeSS in one’s own current work environment
- What organisational impacts LeSS adoption may cause
- What impact would LeSS adoption make to participants’ work life
What topics will be covered?
The Certified LeSS Basics course provides a 1-day overview of the framework and some of the essential concepts that it uses. It will help to determine whether LeSS is for you and/or your organisation or not. The Certified LeSS Basics course is also for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort.
What will you receive?
All participants will receive a Certified LeSS Basics certificate and an account on the less.works website. The LeSS Basics Certificate will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at:
- Product Owners and Product Management
- Agile Transformation Leaders, Consultants and Change Agents
- Organizational Leaders and Managers
- Experienced ScrumMasters and Agile Practitioners
- Team, Organizational Agile Coaches and Agile Trainers
- Software Engineers and hands-on technologists
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Basic Scrum knowledge from training or working in Scrum Teams for a long time is expected (despite the title this is not a beginner’s course).
How should you prepare for this course?
There is no formal pre-reading required prior to this course, however the following materials may be helpful to review prior to attending the course:
- Introduction to LeSS – short video – Craig Larman (Feb 2015)
- Introduction to LeSS – first 2 chapters from upcoming book: Large Scale Scrum – More with LeSS
More resources, should you be interested, may be browsed via the LeSS site:
What about certification?
There is no exam associated with this course. All participants will receive a Certified LeSS Basics certificate and an account on the less.works website.