What is this course?
The Certified LeSS Basics course is a brief introduction into the LeSS Framework. Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams.
LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
Upcoming Course Dates
|Location||Start date||Price exVAT||Trainer||Status|
|London||08 Feb - 1 day||£400||Rickard Jones|
What will you learn?
Following attendance on the Certified LeSS Basics, you will be able to:
- Articulate why LeSS
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach on scaling
- Summarize what impact this has on the organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- Explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Explain all LeSS roles and their purposes
- Explain why there is one and only real PO and not so-called team POs
- Explain the LeSS Complete diagram, organizing LeSS information in terms of the principles, rules, guides, and experiments
- Explain how LeSS scales over 8 teams
- Analyze one’s own current organisations’ state
- Evaluate the applicability of LeSS in one’s own current work environment
- What organisational impacts LeSS adoption may cause
- What impact would LeSS adoption make to participants’ work life
What topics will be covered?
The Certified LeSS Basics course provides a 1-day overview of the framework and some of the essential concepts that it uses. It will help to determine whether LeSS is for you and/or your organisation or not. The Certified LeSS Basics course is also for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort.
What will you receive?
All participants will receive a Certified LeSS Basics certificate and an account on the less.works website. The LeSS Basics Certificate will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate.
This course is worth 8 SEU’s.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at:
- Product Owners and Product Management
- Agile Transformation Leaders, Consultants and Change Agents
- Organizational Leaders and Managers
- Experienced ScrumMasters and Agile Practitioners
- Team, Organizational Agile Coaches and Agile Trainers
- Software Engineers and hands-on technologists
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Basic Scrum knowledge from training or working in Scrum Teams for a long time is expected (despite the title this is not a beginner’s course).
How should you prepare for this course?
There is no formal pre-reading required prior to this course, however the following materials may be helpful to review prior to attending the course:
- Introduction to LeSS – short video – Craig Larman (Feb 2015)
- Introduction to LeSS – first 2 chapters from upcoming book: Large Scale Scrum – More with LeSS
More resources, should you be interested, may be browsed via the LeSS site:
What about certification?
There is no exam associated with this course. All participants will receive a Certified LeSS Basics certificate and an account on the less.works website.