What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home, or any other remote location.
The Certified LeSS Basics course is a brief introduction into the LeSS Framework. It provides an overview of the framework and some of the essential concepts that it uses. It will help to determine whether LeSS is for you and/or your organisation or not.
LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
This course consists of 3 individual modules/sessions. Each module is 2.5 hours long, and you will have to attend all 3 modules in order to be certified.
Module/Session 1 – Why LeSS
Module/Session 2 – Product, Product Ownership and Teams
Module/Session 3 – Systems and Adoptions
No dates available
What will you learn?
The main learning goal for participants is to gain more information on what LeSS is, what LeSS is not, the purpose of LeSS and how it may be applicable in their working environment. Students will learn where to find more information about LeSS and what to do if one is interested in adopting LeSS in their company.
By the end of the course, not only will you be more confident in your knowledge and skills but you will also have new material to share with your teams – and have felt what it’s like to be a part of a LeSS learning community.
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the Certified LeSS Basics course:
- Articulate why LeSS
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach on scaling
- Summarise what impact this has on the organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- Explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Explain all LeSS roles and their purposes
- Explain why there is one and only real PO and not so-called team POs
- Explain the LeSS Complete diagram, organising LeSS information in terms of the principles, rules, guides, and experiments
- Explain how LeSS scales over ~8 teams
- Know the existence of and location of major learning resources at less.works,
What will you receive?
- High-quality instruction from one of the most experienced LeSS trainers in the world and the UK’s only Certified LeSS Coach
- A Certified LeSS Basics certificate and an account on less.works. The LeSS Basics Certificate will not expire, and is a valuable industry known certificate
- Note: this course has the added benefit of being worth 8 Scrum Education Units® (SEU®) in category B. Which are often required for renewing the Certified ScrumMaster or other Scrum Alliance certificates.
Who is this course suitable for?
The Certified LeSS basics course is for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort, or is curious about the framework. Typical roles could include:
- Organisational Leaders and Managers
- Product Owners and Product Management
- Agile Transformation Leaders, Consultants and Change Agents
- Experienced ScrumMasters and Agile Practitioners
- Agile Team, Organisational Coaches and Agile Trainers
- Software Engineers and hands-on technologists
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Before attending the training, it is important that you have a thorough understanding of one-team Scrum. Ideally, you will be a Certified ScrumMaster® with real-world experience.
How should you prepare for this course?
Pre-work will be provided to delegates upon registration – however this will be minimal. It would also be useful to refresh your knowledge by re-reading the Scrum Guide.
What about certification?
The course is assessed by the instructors during the course, there is no exam to be taken. The certification is earned through practice during the course.