What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, this course has been adapted into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home, or any other remote location.
During this course, attendees learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and the seven core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio.
The first half of the course — Leading SAFe® — provides the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The second half of the course focuses exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise. Certifying as a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, enables attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
Upcoming Course Dates
|Location||Start date||Price ex VAT|
|Live Online Training||19 Apr - 5 days||£2395||Brian Tucker|
Keith De Mendonca
|Live Online Training||26 Jul - 5 days||£2195*||Keith De Mendonca|
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, attendees should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following key areas of competencies to be covered during the course:
Leading SAFe® (first half of course)
Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
Creating High-Performing Teams and Programs
Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
Releasing on Demand with DevOps
Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
Implementing SAFe® (second half of course)
Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
Designing the Implementation
Launching an ART
Coaching ART Execution
Extending to the Portfolio
Sustaining and Improving
Becoming a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
What will you receive?
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) exam
- Class attendance certificate upon request
- Attendees must attend every day of the course in order to qualify for the exam
- 5 days of high quality instruction from two of the industry’s leading subject-matter experts on the Scaled Agile Framework®
Please note that this Implementing SAFe (with SPC Certification) course will be delivered by a partner agile training organisation of agil8’s, Ivar Jacobsen. We occasionally offer training from partner organisations with whom we have a close working relationship, and in this case, we have worked with Ivar Jacobsen for a good number of years now and know each of their trainers to be passionate and engaging. We’re sure you’ll really enjoy your course with them.
Upon passing the SAFe® Agilist exam post course you will also receive, as part of your certification:
- Certified SAFe® Program Consultant PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SPC Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Who is this course suitable for?
The course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes enterprise leaders, practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative.
Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Business and Technology Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA and IT management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance Personnel
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Centre for Excellence, Agile Working Group
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
How should you prepare for this course?
Background reading prior to the course is essential, including review of the SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™. A full reading list is provided to delegates upon registration. A reminder and additional recommendations will also be provided.
What about certification?
The first step toward becoming a certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) is to attend the Implementing SAFe course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Please note that attendees must complete the online exam after the completion of the course. The exam is not administered during training sessions.
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Program Consultant Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe® course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam Study Materials
- Course Materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study Guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice Test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
Professional Development Units (SEUs / PDUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP or PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance