What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members.
Utilising live video, alongside online collaboration tools, we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment. As such, individuals can undertake this training from their home, or any other remote location.
Please note that attending this course alone will not provide the Certified LeSS Practitioner (CLP) certificate. Instead, you will gain a provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner (pCLP) certificate, which can be upgraded by visiting an in person LeSS course such as a LeSS and Learn workshop (in-person). You can find out more about the differences between this course and the CLP here
The Online LeSS Practitioner® (pCLP) course is a highly interactive, in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework, rules, and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and continuously improving your organisation using various thinking tools (whether using LeSS or not).
The flow and focus of the course will be tailored to the expertise and growth areas of the people attending to create a unique and agile experience that learners get the most from.
No dates available
What will you learn?
The Online LeSS Practitioner® (pCLP) course will provide delegates with an overview of LeSS, stories on LeSS adoptions, exercises and extensive Q&A sessions to ensure that the topics most of interest to the participants are investigated in detail.
A full overview of topics covered throughout the course can also be found below.
What our delegates say
“Ben brings LeSS to life by talking about his many adoption experiences and demonstrates how difficult we make working lives through employing traditional multi-layered approaches.”
Read Ben’s Bio
What topics will be covered?
Topics covered during each of the 6 sessions will be as follows:
Session 1 – Why LeSS
- Describe to others why traditional organisations lack a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Articulate why LeSS
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach to scaling
- Describe Scrum, LeSS and LeSS Huge at a high level
Session 2 – Product, Product Ownership & Teams
- Explain Why defining your product matters identify what your product is
- Clearly articulate the role Product Owner in Scrum & LeSS
- List what is and what makes a good Product Backlog
- Explain the importance and organisational effect of Organizing around Customer Value and Feature Teams
- Teach others the organizational impacts and typical LeSS organizational structure
Session 3 – Definition of Done & The Role Of Scrum Master
- Describe the difference between a perfect and imperfect Definition of Done
- Explain the system impact of perfect and imperfect Definitions of Done
- Make a compelling argument for the role Scrum Master within LeSS
Session 4 – LeSS Manager & Technical Excellence
- Explain the Role of Management and how it differs from “traditional” management
- Describe the importance of technical practices & excellence when scaling.
Session 5 – LeSS Events, Rules and Principles
- Explain the purpose and effect of:
- LeSS Product Backlog Refinement
- LeSS Sprint Planning
- LeSS Sprint Review
- LeSS Sprint Retrospective
- Articulate the importance and impact of the LeSS Rules and Principles
Session 6 – LeSS Adoption & You
- More deeply describe & understand the Organisational impacts and typical LeSS organisational structure
- Devise your own bespoke guidance for adopting LeSS in your organisation
What will you receive?
- High-quality instruction from one of the most experienced LeSS trainers in the world
- A detailed workbook and course materials to take away
- A cost priced ticket (around £200) to attend an in-person Certified LeSS Practitioner® or LeSS & Learn course next year so you can convert your provisional certificate into a CLP. Or if you have to travel a significant distance, then this ticket will be free.
- An account on the less.works website which contains additional information about LeSS, course information and options to stay in contact with course participants
- Soft copies of all three published LeSS books
Who is this course suitable for?
The Online LeSS Practitioner (pCLP) course is for anyone interested in using agile at scale or anyone who is involved in a large agile adoption.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Before attending the training, it is important that you have a thorough understanding of one-team Scrum. Ideally, you will have a Certified LeSS Basics Certificate, be a Certified ScrumMaster® with real-world experience.
How should you prepare for this course?
Upon registration for this course, delegates will receive further guidance on how to prepare for the course.
What about certification?
Please note that attending this course alone will not provide the Certified LeSS Practitioner (CLP) certificate. Instead, you will gain a provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner (pCLP) certificate, which can be upgraded by visiting an in person LeSS course such as a LeSS and Learn workshop (in-person). You can find out more about the differences between the Online LeSS Practitioner (pCLP) course and CLP here.
When you attend an Online LeSS Practitioner course, you will receive an account on the LeSS site, access to the LeSS books and other learning material that was traditionally only accessible for Certified LeSS Practitioners and Certified LeSS for Executives. You will be able to renew that every two years, exactly the same as a Certified LeSS Practitioner.