What is this course?
This 2 day course prepares current ScrumMasters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program and enterprise success in a SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™ implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of the program execution and relentless improvement.
It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a Certified SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster (ASM).
What will you learn?
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps and Agile architect
What our delegates say
“The SAFe course was excellently positioned for the group, and the trainer was informative and approachable.”
Rob Slaughter (V-Nova Ltd)
SAFe Agilist: Leading SAFe
Meet your trainer
Read Shaun’s bio
What topics will be covered?
- SAFe framework, values and Lean/Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
What will you receive?
- 2 days of high quality instruction from a Scaled Agile accredited SPC and SAFe trainer.
- All course materials, which include a copy of the slide deck, exercises and case study
- All applicable Scaled Agile “Certified SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster” exam fees
- Scaled Agile “SAFe Advanced Scrum Master” certification and 1 year’s membership (upon successful completion of the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master exam)
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
- For PMI Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course provides 16 Category B Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- For Scrum Alliance members, this course provides 15 Category C Scrum Education Units (SEUs) toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments throughout the course, including drinks and lunch
Who is this course suitable for?
- Existing ScrumMasters
- Team leaders, project managers and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Attendees of the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (ASM) course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM) and alternatively SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe ScrumMaster Orientation.
How should you prepare for this course?
Background reading of the material at the SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™ prior to the course is desirable but not essential.
What about certification?
Attending the course prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster (ASM). Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe ASM certificate
- A 1-year certified membership as a SAFe ASM
- A SAFe ASM branding kit with the ASM certification mark
Certification / Membership Renewal
Scaled Agile have recently updated their certification renewal and membership model. This is intended to simplify the annual renewal process and align the associated pricing with the value of the SAFe Community Platform and the re-certification of SAFe professionals.
As Scaled Agile have moved to a membership model for the SAFe Community Platform – individuals are now be able to renew their membership at one of three tiers. If you don’t need, or want, to include renewal of your certifications, there is also the option to only renew your membership. This will not renew your certification, but will allow you to continue to access the assets, tools, and resources to help you grow as a SAFe professional (for this option please see Individual SAFe Membership below).
The relevant Membership options for this course are included below. Please note that the first year of your certification and membership is included within the cost of this course – therefore, the following renewal fees will only apply when renewing your membership:
Certified SAFe Membership ($295/year) – For members who currently hold one or more certifications, and who may benefit from a bundled pricing approach. Renews all certifications except SPC and/or SPCT, provides access to basic and some advanced content, as well as continued access to course learnings and assets.
Individual SAFe Membership ($195/year) – For those who don’t seek certification but would still like to benefit from the valuable content on the SAFe Community Platform. No certification renewals included.