What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members. Utilising live video, alongside our bespoke online training platform (unique to agil8), we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment.
This course is delivered by SAFe® Remote Trainers
To gain this recognition, our trainers have demonstrated the skills and experienced needed to continually deliver high quality Certified SAFe training via remote online delivery.
The Agile Product Management course harnesses the power of Design Thinking to develop innovative solutions with proven SAFe capabilities to execute on those visions. Learn the right mindset, skills, and tools to create successful products—from inception to retirement—using Agile techniques.
Recognize how Continuous Exploration fuels innovation and helps you define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to tap into new markets. Find out how to accelerate the product life cycle to get fast feedback and quickly deliver exceptional products and solutions that delight customers—all while aligning with your organization’s strategy, portfolio, evolving architecture, and solution intent.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Use Design Thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable outcomes
- Explore market needs, segmentation, sizing and competitive landscape
- Manage value stream economics, including pricing and licensing
- Use empathy to drive design
- Apply product strategy and vision
- Develop and evolve roadmaps
- Execute and deliver value using SAFe
- Explore innovation in the value stream
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- Analysing your Role as a Product Manager in the Lean Enterprise
- Continuously Exploring Markets and Users
- Driving Strategy with Market Segmentation
- Using Empathy to Drive Design
- Defining Product Strategy and Vision
- Creating Roadmaps to Build Solutions
- Delivering Value
- Managing Value Stream Economics
- Creating Innovation in the Value Stream
What will you receive?
Delegates who attend the course will benefit from:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Agile Product Manager exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees who pass the certification exam will also receive:
- Certified SAFe® Agile Product Manager PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Agile Product Manager digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the APM Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other certified SAFe professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Who is this course suitable for?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Agile Coaches
- Agile Trainers
- Product Managers
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Attendees of this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending. A background in product or solution management is highly recommended.
How should you prepare for this course?
Background reading prior to the course is essential, including a review of the SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™.
What about certification?
Exam name: SAFe®4 Agile Product and Solution Manager Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Agile Product Manager Exam
Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Agile Product Management course
Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
Number of questions: 60
Passing score: 45 out of 60 (75%)
Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.