What is this course?
Live Online Training (Start Time: 9am UK Time)
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members. Utilising live video, alongside our bespoke online training platform (unique to agil8), we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment.
This course is delivered by SAFe® Remote Trainers
To gain this recognition, our trainers have demonstrated the skills and experienced needed to continually deliver high quality Certified SAFe training via remote online delivery.
Attendees can improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise when they become a SAFe 5 Architect. The SAFe® for Architects course prepares System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects to engage across the organisation as effective leaders and change agents who collaboratively deliver architectural solutions.
During this course, attendees will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, and appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems while supporting SAFe program execution.
What will you learn?
To perform the role of a SAFe® Architect, attendees should be able to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and team members during Program Increment (PI) Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
What our delegates say
“I really enjoyed the course. The content was very well structured and presented, with a good balance of teaching, team discussion, and interactive break out sessions with the other attendees.”
Gavin Grier | Infrastructure Solution Designer, NatWest
SAFe for Architects 5.0 – Live Online Training with Matt Hosking & David Putman
Meet your trainers
Read Matt’s bio
Read David’s bio
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- Exemplifying Lean-Agile architecture
- Architecting for DevOps and Release on Demand
- Aligning architecture with business value
- Developing Solution Vision, Solution Intent, and Roadmaps
- Preparing architecture for Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Co-ordinating architecture throughout PI Planning
- Supporting Continuous Delivery during PI execution
- Supporting new Strategic Themes and Value Streams
- Leading as an architect during a Lean-Agile transformation
What will you receive?
- High quality instruction from a Scaled Agile accredited SPC and Leading SAFe trainer with 15+ years agile experience
- All course materials provided as an online PDF, including an attendee workbook
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Architect (ARCH) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Upon passing the SAFe® Architect (ARCH) exam post course you will also receive, as part of your certification:
- Certified SAFe® Architect PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Architect digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the ARCH Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other certified SAFe professional
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for senior technical contributors who need to understand the role of System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects in Lean-Agile enterprises. The course is also appropriate for individuals desiring a deeper view into how architecture enables continuous value flow and how architects engage in, and contribute to, a Lean-Agile enterprise.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Scrum Master
- Agile Coach
- Systems Architect
- Solution Architect
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Those who attend this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and have:
- Attended at least one SAFe course prior to this one
- Participated in at least one ART and one PI
How should you prepare for this course?
Background reading prior to the course is essential. This includes reviewing the SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™. A full reading list is provided to delegates upon registration. A reminder and additional recommendations will also be provided.
What about certification?
The first step toward becoming a certified SAFe professional is to attend the SAFe® for Architects course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® Architect Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® for Architects course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.