What is this course?
Attendees can improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise when they become a SAFe Architect. The SAFe® for Architects course prepares System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects to engage across the organisation as effective leaders and change agents who collaboratively deliver architectural solutions. During this three-day course, attendees will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, and appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems while supporting SAFe program execution.
This course is for senior technical contributors who need to understand the role of System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects in Lean-Agile enterprises. The course is also appropriate for individuals desiring a deeper view into how architecture enables continuous value flow and how architects engage in, and contribute to, a Lean-Agile enterprise.
No dates available
What will you learn?
To perform the role of a SAFe® Architect attendees should be able to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and team members during Program Increment (PI) Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- Exemplifying Lean-Agile architecture
- Architecting for DevOps and Release on Demand
- Aligning architecture with business value
- Developing Solution Vision, Solution Intent, and Roadmaps
- Preparing architecture for Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Co-ordinating architecture throughout PI Planning
- Supporting Continuous Delivery during PI execution
- Supporting new Strategic Themes and Value Streams
- Leading as an architect during a Lean-Agile transformation
What will you receive?
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Architect (ARCH) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® Architect certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Architect, which includes access to the ARCH Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Architect digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Who is this course suitable for?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- System, Solution, and Enterprise architects
- Architects in supporting technical disciplines
- Experienced software developers
- Technical managers making architectural decisions
- Product leaders collaborating with architects
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Those who attend this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and must have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending this one.
How should you prepare for this course?
Background reading prior to the course is essential. This includes reviewing the SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™.
What about certification?
To gain certification, attendees must also complete an online exam:
Exam name: SAFe® Architect Exam
Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Architect course
Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
Number of questions: 60
Passing score: 45 out of 60 (75%)
Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.