What is this course?
This interactive course provides a workshop-type of experience. Attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritise initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
No dates available
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanbans
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
What topics will be covered?
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
What will you receive?
Delegates who attend the course will benefit from:
- 3 days of high quality instruction from a Scaled Agile accredited SPC and Leading SAFe trainer with 15+ years agile experience
- All course materials, which include an attendee workbook, exercises and case study
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager certificate
- SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager, which includes access to the LPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager certification usage guide with LPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Annual certification renewal – membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned and has a renewal fee of $295.
Who is this course suitable for?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Release Train Engineers
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Agile Coaches
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
The following recommendations will help ensure that the training is made more valuable:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
In addition, Scaled Agile Inc. make these recommendations regarding requirements to take the subsequent SAFe LPM exam:
- Basic understanding of strategy
- Basic understanding of funding models
- Understanding how to organise value streams
How should you prepare for this course?
What about certification?
To gain the certification, you are required to attend all three days of the SAFe Lean Portfolio Management course followed by the successful completion of an online exam.
Exam name: SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager Exam
Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Lean Portfolio Management course
Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
Number of Questions: 60
Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.