What is this course?
Live Online Training (Start Time: 9am GMT)
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members. Utilising live video, alongside our bespoke online training platform (unique to agil8), we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment.
This course is delivered by SAFe® Remote Trainers
To gain this recognition, our trainers have demonstrated the skills and experienced needed to continually deliver high quality Certified SAFe training via remote online delivery.
Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Practitioner.
During this course, gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what you can do to effectively perform your role using Scrum, Kanban, and XP. Learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
What will you learn?
A Certified SAFe® Practitioner (SP) is a Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) team member responsible for using Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming (XP) in a SAFe environment. Key areas of responsibility include planning Program Increments and Iterations, breaking requirements into stories, developing incrementally with built-in quality, demonstrating value at a team and program level, and problem-solving impediments to drive relentless improvement.
By the end of this course, and to perform the role of a SAFe® Practitioner, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in their enterprise
- Know their team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan iterations
- Execute iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
What our delegates say
“I found this course such a valuable introduction to SAFe and believe it will really help me in my role on a daily basis. I’ve learned loads and came away with lots of actions, which will improve ways of working across the team.”
Product Manager (Dunnhumby Ltd)
SAFe Practitioner: SAFe for Teams with Andrea Darabos
“It was a great 2 days and loved the course content and knowledge that we gained. The trainer was great and really engaging.”
SAFe Practitioner: SAFe for Teams with Andrea Darabos
Read Andrea’s bio
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
What will you receive?
- High quality instruction from a Scaled Agile accredited SPC and SAFe trainer.
- All course materials, which include a copy of the slide deck, exercises and case study
- All applicable Scaled Agile “Certified SAFe Practitioner” exam fees
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe Practitioner (SP) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Scaled Agile “SAFe Practitoner” certification (upon successful completion of the SAFe Practitioner exam)
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
- For PMI Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course provides 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Upon passing the Certified SAFe Practitioner exam post course you will also receive, as part of your certification:
- Certified SAFe® Practitioner PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other certified SAFe professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for all members of a programme at the beginning of its Scaled Agile journey. More specifically, the following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Owners, and Product Managers
- Program Managers and Project Managers
- Release Train Engineers and Architects
- Scrum Masters, Team Leads, and Directors
- Agile Coaches, Change Agents
- Consultants, Business Analysts
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course. however the following is highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
How should you prepare for this course?
Background reading prior to the course is essential, including review of the SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™. A full reading list is provided to delegates upon registration. A reminder and additional recommendations will also be provided.
What about certification?
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe professional is to attend the SAFe® for Teams course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple Choice, Multiple Select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® for Teams course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 35 out of 45 (77%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
Professional Development Units (SEUs / PDUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward their continuing education requirements with the PMI for Project Management Professionals (PMPs) and PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) certifications.