What is this course?
This 2 day course teaches teams who are part of an Agile Program or Agile Release Train (ART) how to work in an Agile environment using Scrum, Kanban and eXtreme Programming (XP).
The teams will learn how to become Agile Teams, build their backlog, and plan and execute iterations. Agile teams learn about their ART and their role in it, planning, executing and improving with other teams. This class prepares teams to run a Program Increment (PI), including all meetings at the Team and Program level with a specific focus on the upcoming PI planning.
What will you learn?
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply The SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™ to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Know your team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams that are on the training, their roles and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan iterations
- Execute iterations, demo value and improve your process
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
What our delegates say
“The SAFe course was excellently positioned for the group, and the trainer was informative and approachable.”
Rob Slaughter (V-Nova Ltd)
SAFe Agilist: Leading SAFe
Meet your trainer
Read Shaun’s bio
Read Andrea’s bio
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- Introducing The SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Programme Increment
What will you receive?
- 2 days of high quality instruction from a Scaled Agile accredited SPC and SAFe trainer.
- All course materials, which include a copy of the slide deck, exercises and case study
- All applicable Scaled Agile “Certified SAFe Practitioner” exam fees
- Scaled Agile “SAFe Practitoner” certification and 1 year’s membership (upon successful completion of the SAFe Practitioner exam)
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
- For PMI Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course provides 16 Category B Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments throughout the course, including drinks and lunch
Who is this course suitable for?
All members of a programme at the beginning of its Scaled Agile journey.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
How should you prepare for this course?
Background reading of material at the SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™ prior to the course is desirable but not essential.
What about certification?
Attending the class prepares participants to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Practitioner (SP).
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Practitioner certificate
- 1 year certified membership as a SP
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward their continuing education requirements with the PMI for Project Management Professionals (PMPs) and PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) certifications.