What is this course?
This 2 day interactive workshop begins with the principles of SAFe, Lean-thinking tools, Agile development practices at scale, and an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework™.
Teams will then learn the Product Manager and Product Owner roles in the enterprise, how to manage the enterprise backlog, delivering features, Agile requirements, the events within SAFe and finally stakeholder management.
At the end of this workshop, attendees will have the tools and knowledge they need to write Epics, Features and User Stories within SAFe, and have a solid foundation on how to manage programs in the Lean-Agile Enterprise. An optional SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner certification is offered at the end of the class.
What will you learn?
- Product Manager and Product Owner roles in the enterprise
- Enterprise Backlog Management
- Delivering Features in the Enterprise
- Agile Software Requirements
- SAFe events and process
- Stakeholder Management
What our delegates say
“A really useful 2 days which helped me answer daily challenges and next steps on how to scale. I now feel like I could go back and implement a framework to help our delivery and stakeholders.”
Vicky Etchell (Head of Digital Delivery, Specsavers)
SAFe Agilist: Leading SAFe 4.5
Meet your trainer
Read Shaun’s bio
What topics will be covered?
- SAFe Overview
- Product Manager/Product Owner Roles
- Enterprise Backlog Model
- Delivering Features
- Delivering Features (cont)
- Agile Requirements
- Stakeholder Management
What Will You Receive?
Certified Product Managers and Product Owners receive the following benefits:
- Product Managers/Product Owners Content Kit (pdf material for non-revenue generating use)
- Content updates (Product Managers/Product Owners in good standing)
- Product Managers/Product Owners Branding Kit (certification mark, material co-branding, etc.)
- Certified Product Managers/Product Owners directory listing (optional)
- Scaled Agile LinkedIn community membership
Who is this course suitable for?
Attendees typically include executives, product managers, product owners, consultants, Lean-Agile leaders and Agile change agents.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Leading SAFe, SAFe ScrumXP or SAFe SPC training are highly recommended.
How should you prepare for this course?
Background reading of the material at the SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™ prior to the course is desireable but not essential.
What about certification?
- Attend the 2 day Product Managers/Product Owners course
- Pass the Product Managers/Product Owners exam (retakes are $50 and can be taken 45 days or more after the previous exam)