What is this course?
Live Online Training (Start Time: 9am UK Time)
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members. Utilising live video, alongside our bespoke online training platform (unique to agil8), we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment.
This course is delivered by SAFe® Remote Trainers
To gain this recognition, our trainers have demonstrated the skills and experienced needed to continually deliver high quality Certified SAFe training via remote online delivery.
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise by becoming a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, and to perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager role
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
- Refine Features into Stories
- Manage Program and Team backlogs
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
What our delegates say
“The course provided an excellent balance between the roles / theory of SAFe, combined with interactive exercises that added invaluable context.”
SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course
With Andrea Darabos and Shaun Smith
What topics will be covered?
You can expect the following key areas of competencies to be covered during the course:
- Becoming a Product Owner/Product Manager in the SAFe enterprise
- Preparing for PI Planning
- Leading PI Planning
- Executing Iterations
- Executing the PI
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager
What will you receive?
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Each day of the course must be attended in order to qualify for the exam. Attendees who pass the certification exam will also receive:
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager PDF certificate]
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other Certified SAFe Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Attendees may also be eligible to apply for 15 Category C Scrum Education Units (SEUs) which can be counted towards the renewal of Scrum Alliance Certifications such as CSM, CSPO, CSD. See here for further information.
Who is this course suitable for?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners and Business Owners
- Release Train Engineers, and Solution Train Engineers
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Consultants, Business Analysts, and Agile Coaches
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
The following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
How should you prepare for this course?
What about certification?
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager is to attend the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice , multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – POPM4 = 35 out of 45 (77%); POPM5 = 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.