What is this course?
Live Online Training
To overcome the challenges currently associated with attending in-person training, agil8 have adapted the delivery of this course into a live online training format with added focus on how to work using agile with remote team members. Utilising live video, alongside our bespoke online training platform (unique to agil8), we’re able to replicate the interactive nature of our face-to-face training within a virtual environment.
This course is delivered by SAFe® Remote Trainers
To gain this recognition, our trainers have demonstrated the skills and experienced needed to continually deliver high quality Certified SAFe training via remote online delivery.
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
What will you learn?
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
What topics will be covered?
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
What will you receive?
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who is this course suitable for?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
How should you prepare for this course?
Prior to attending the course, delegates may find it useful to review the SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework™.
What about certification?
Attending this course prepares individuals to take the SAFe Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification. Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certification / Membership Renewal
Scaled Agile have recently updated their certification renewal and membership model. This is intended to simplify the annual renewal process and align the associated pricing with the value of the SAFe Community Platform and the re-certification of SAFe professionals.
As Scaled Agile have moved to a membership model for the SAFe Community Platform – individuals are now be able to renew their membership at one of three tiers. If you don’t need, or want, to include renewal of your certifications, there is also the option to only renew your membership. This will not renew your certification, but will allow you to continue to access the assets, tools, and resources to help you grow as a SAFe professional (for this option please see Individual SAFe Membership below).
The relevant Membership options for this course are included below. Please note that the first year of your certification and membership is included within the cost of this course – therefore, the following renewal fees will only apply when renewing your membership:
Certified SAFe Membership ($295/year) – For members who currently hold one or more certifications, and who may benefit from a bundled pricing approach. Renews all certifications except SPC and/or SPCT, provides access to basic and some advanced content, as well as continued access to course learnings and assets.
Individual SAFe Membership ($195/year) – For those who don’t seek certification but would still like to benefit from the valuable content on the SAFe Community Platform. No certification renewals included.